·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll post back here when I get them installed. I checked today and it uses all existing holes already there which means metal panels stay paint protected since you don't need to compromise paint by drilling holes.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay around noon I received my hood struts. It took me less than 30 minutes to install. Would have taken 20 if I hadn't stopped to take pictures. It was well packed and no damage. Quality looks good for the price. I would have liked to see stainless steel hardware but I can change that later.

The kit:

It comes with the nuts for the back of the hood already attached to a fish.

First thing is to remove the hood liner. Well actually opening the hood is first.:D

Liner out;

Locate the holes you need to use, the one beside the prop rod retainer will situate you for the other driver's side.

I started from the driver's side but you can start which ever one you want. You will have to bend the fish to the desired shape you need to reach the hole.

This a lot simpler than it looks.

For the lower bracket you will need to remove the fender bolt and re-install through bracket. Then add the supplied screw with a washer on each side. Then attach the strut and snap the other end in place and you're done.

It holds with one strut so 2 is surely better. I will keep the prop rod in case I ever need it.

I liked it so much I ordered a kit for the Encore.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think for the Buick I will paint the shocks and the bracket body color and scoop up all the fasteners and washers made of Stainless steel so I don't see any rust anywhere. I hate rust. Should have done the same for the Trax but I was too excited to install and try. I did however install stainless washers for the studs installed in the hood.

I ordered twice the equivalent in stainless steel for what was in the kit, so I'll be changing that steel screw that holds the black bracket. I know the bolt and nut are anodized and may not rust but the washers are plain steel and they will rust.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32954711271.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.65c475df9bJSfJ&algo_pvid=bb1e2de2-0f38-44e1-80a8-e42d4be79ee4&algo_expid=bb1e2de2-0f38-44e1-80a8-e42d4be79ee4-1&btsid=f321234b-cd71-4a3b-b82f-4b2c40ed6bca&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_52

If you can verify that the 2019 has the same hood as the 2018 you'd have your answer, because the description says "For 2016 2017 2018 Chevrolet TRAX Front Hood Engine Supporting Hydraulic rod Lift Strut Spring Shock Bars Bracket Car Styling" Probably not updated yet...

And this would tend to confirm the hoods are the same 17 through 20.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem, if I have the tools to help people out, why not. You will love this add-on and it's so easy to install. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Will this kit fit a 2019 Trax?
Thanks
Bob
Hoods are actually the same as late 17, 18 hoods structurally; the only real design changes outside from the "facelift" are the bumpers and front grill design. The front edge of the hood changed a bit, so deflectors are different.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What year is yours? I put them on my 2016 Buick Encore too but painted them body color first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts