Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '16 Trax suffered a torn spoiler lip when it got hung up on a cement parking thing. It came loose and dragged along the road which damaged the tabs that attach it to the front facia.
I attached some metal L brackets to put it back in place. Now those brackets scrape when I enter a dip between the road and some parking lots.
I guess I need to purchase a new rubber lip from GM Parts direct or another source. Has anyone done this to their Trax? Any tips are appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
When I purchased mine the spoiler rubber was missing. I purchased one from the dealer and installed, pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We live in Mexico, the land of bad roads, topes (speed bumps) and high curbs so I just took mine off and don't plan to replace it. Alan

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
It's there to push more air in the radiators, being in Mexico you would probably need it even more than me at the 46th latitude. We only get 2-3 months of heat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was told that it was put there to help aerodynamics/gas mileage. That close to the ground and that far from the radiator doesn't seem like it would have much to do with cooling. Where we live it doesn't get that hot. Nobody has A/C (or heaters) and the car runs cool as a cucumber. Lots of Trax models here since 2013 and almost none have the nose spoiler...either removed or ripped off. Alan
It's there to push more air in the radiators, being in Mexico you would probably need it even more than me at the 46th latitude. We only get 2-3 months of heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts