Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Hi Everybloody, :nerd:
I own a 2014 Chevy Trax 2LT my driving habit is, as I park the vehicle I engage the Parking brake and now as we have the cold front the line to my parking brake froze inside due to moisture build up inside the line that leads to the rear breaks and freezes up inside and then the break pads won't release and the car can't be driven, so if I am lucky and the sun comes out it melts the moisture in the line and it releases on its own(the car is black). But this was the second incident that it happen to me when the freezing hits and the brake is engaged it freezes. So I took it to the dealer and they offered to replace the $60 line for $450 with labour, so now I just leave the car in park when it's freezing outside. None of you Trax owners living in the arctic conditions have experience any of this???

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts
I use my parking brake daily but never in park. Every time I come to an intersection and the light turns red I tap shifter in neutral because I find it always stops better in slippery conditions and when I come to a stop pull the parking brake till the light turns green. Drop it in drive and release parking brake and go. I've never had a problem yet, mine is a 2016.

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts
Was your previous vehicle a manual? Where you took the habit of pulling the parking brake once stopped. No need for the parking brake in your garage if vehicle is in PARK. Otherwise you may need to put a little space heater in your garage. You may want to avoid using the parking brake until you get a chance to spray the cable with moisture repellent lubricant or replace it.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Yes Bro Traxy, I've driven a manual tranny for a while and that is technically not the reason but it is there to be used either on manual or automatic transmission so habit or not it is still there to be applied in both cases garage or not, you apply the brake simple!

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts
Bakro we won't miss you!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts