Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Trax Redline Edition, and wanted to swap out all of the incandescent lights with LED. After looking everywhere, I couldn't find a definitive list of part numbers. Many websites had them incorrect, or didn't have the redline upgrades taken into account. Well, I am done with the swap out, and wanted to share the part numbers with everyone in case someone else wants to do the same.

Rear Dome Light (1) - Link

Front Dome Light and Map Lights (3) - Link

Cargo Area Light (3) - Link

License Plate Lights (2) - Link

Backup Lights (2) - Link

Brake Lights (2) - Link

Turn Signals (Front and Back) (4) - Link
-- Turn signals need these... Link

Headlights (2) - P.I.T.A - Many fit the light bulb hole, a few don't... Only these fit the light bulb hole, and the dust cover hole (main problem). - Link

I hope this helps someone else out there.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I wish you luck with all of those! Keep in mind that any LED replacement that has several LEDs per assembly usually have a step up or step down DC to DC voltage converter supply. Some of these can cause interference with bluetooth and WiFi because of the emitted frequency by the multiplier coil and may also had moiré interference lines in your backup camera. Just things you may want to look for. If you find that your radio is dropping bluetooth calls more than before well you now have a clue.

Also You should ad dielectric grease on all external bulb contacts if you live in an area where they spread salt on the roads. One more point I'd like to make is the value of the resistor you show of 6 ohms is a low value, 10 ohms would be sufficient since the LED itself already draws 2.5 amps each. Last but not least is you will lose the ability for the BCM to warn you if you have a bad LED bulb especially in the back where you can't see from the driver's seat. Normally the flashing would go in hyper flashing if you loose a bulb to give the driver an indication of which one is bad. The power resistor being in parallel with the bulb disables the BCM's sense resistor and it will not see the LED failure.

Let us know how well they hold up...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Traxy,

Wow!! Thanks for all of the technical info. So far everything is working smoothly, and I'm not seeing any issues with the bluetooth or camera. I will keep everyone posted, if I come across any issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm pretty sure the led bulbs I've added to the Encore have added some interference with the push button start not detecting the key fob. Sometimes I or my wife have to take it out of our pocket/purse before the no remote detected message goes away! I've got them in the domes, maps, reverse, vanity and cargo area.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I would start with the middle front dome since those take their ground from the BCM and not the mirror area. It would be on when you enter the vehicle. Try to replace it with a single LED unit. Multiple LED ( more than 3 ) per bulb usually have some kind of voltage multiplier.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would start with the middle front dome since those take their ground from the BCM and not the mirror area. It would be on when you enter the vehicle. Try to replace it with a single LED unit. Multiple LED ( more than 3 ) per bulb usually have some kind of voltage multiplier.

I'll give it a look and try soon, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have changed all lights except the turn signals, for the moment. However, I am unhappy with the brake light LEDs. I didn't get the one you posted, but I've tried several different brands/designs and they are hard to see during the day compared to the halogens. Are you able to post a picture or short video of the one you bought/posted when they are illuminated?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts