Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one here ever ran into an issue where every other time they fill up gas in their tank, even though its empty, the pump stops as if it was full? I'd have to wait a moment for the gas to go down in order to pump again.

I know for a fact that my tank is empty but instead of a quick pump to fill my tank it takes much longer since I have to keep stopping and waiting before continue pumping gas.

Any help is appreciated Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
This will happen if you leave the engine running while fueling or if the canister vent valve is stuck closed. This vent valve is suppose to open when you turn the key "OFF".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will happen if you leave the engine running while fueling or if the canister vent valve is stuck closed. This vent valve is suppose to open when you turn the key "OFF".
Yes I always turn off my car while filling up, it’s never on

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Then your Evap valve solenoid is sticking closed or is stuck closed. These don't cost a lot but are in a difficult spot to change. First thing you'd have to do is get it checked by a garage that has a GDS type OBDII controller. With this tool they can activate the solenoid to see if it clicks "ON" and "OFF" .

It is very similar if not the same as this one.

·
Super Moderator
265 Posts
Are you running the tank to practically red line and then filling it up? If so, you're probably vapor locking the tank. Next time you fill up, let the nozzle sit in the filler for about 10 seconds before you start pumping, the stage 2 vapor recovery on the nozzle should relieve the vacuum and allow you to fill it up without a problem.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts