Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have found the GM certified parts for cruise control but I'm not sure if I can just plug the wires and switch in and it work. I dont want the aftermarket one it looks sorta tacky in comparison so if I plug the GM parts will my computer already have the ability to work with it or will my attempt be in vain?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
so I have found the GM certified parts for cruise control but I'm not sure if I can just plug the wires and switch in and it work. I dont want the aftermarket one it looks sorta tacky in comparison so if I plug the GM parts will my computer already have the ability to work with it or will my attempt be in vain?
Jake, you might want to provide a bit more information such as the exact model & year of your car as well as info on what "certified parts" you have found. This info would definitely help other answer your questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry your right that may be important

it's a base model 2018 trax ls

the parts I found were the switch for the steering wheel and a small wiring harness from a chevy dealer in town my friend works out the PNS are as follows

harness PN 95916450
switch PN 42391505

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doent currently have cruise control and I'm looking to add it in but am not sure if it needs more than the hardware or if a computer chip will be needed as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts