Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am concerned about gas mileage. I have a 19 awd Trax with about 2900 miles that was purchased last year about October. I am currently averaging about 18/19 mpg. If I take it in sbd they say they can't do anything for me then what are my options? What mpg is everyone else getting awd models?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a '15. about 19.5 with top speed around 50. If I get to 60, or a bit over, 20. Maybe it will get better in warmer months when we start buying fuel that's not mixed for winter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's low because of winter temperatures and nkebd of gas that's fine. I just hope it will eventually. Go up.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
Last I looked, I think mine said 27.(?) average. As far as options; I have no idea.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
So you don't overfill it. In the summer when you pump 11 gallons of gas from 50°F storage into a tank at 90°F you have almost 11.3 gallons an hour later from heat expansion. Not a problem in the winter. Doesn't your gauge say full?

If you ever overfill your tank and it overflows into your Evap canister you will quickly understand why it is set up the way it is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was checking my highway mileage filled it up, drove about 35 miles then when I stopped to refill it it said I put in. .806 gallon. Take 35 miles drives by .806 gallon put in I got 43.42 mpg. There's no way I could have gotta that mileage. Especially since it was windy on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Yeah you can't really calculate MPG that way. Best way is to calculate over 2 or 3 tanks, mind you this will give you an average. If you want to know your highway average you'll have to wait when you take a long trip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am concerned about gas mileage. I have a 19 awd Trax with about 2900 miles that was purchased last year about October. I am currently averaging about 18/19 mpg. If I take it in sbd they say they can't do anything for me then what are my options? What mpg is everyone else getting awd models?
My 2019 Trax AWD likes warmer weather- getting 34 mpg on highway trips. In the winter I get upper 20's

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2020 AWD Trax automatic is not good for mpg. But i cross my fingers because is good in road behavior, normal speeds and all other things needed in a car. Acceleration is not a bright spot but i have gone uphill in rt 4 up to 90 mph plus with just more noise while keeping an eye in the revs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea wife's 19 awd Trax averaged 26/27 mpg in the summer/fall and got about maybe 34/35 mpg driving about 250 miles on a little trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUIT DRIVING FASTER THAN 100mph.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol I have never driven above 85mph. 75 - 80 mph is the top speed I ever drive on the highway. I don't floor it I just accelerate enough to get the car to move out of the way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea wife's 19 awd Trax averaged 26/27 mpg in the summer/fall and got about maybe 34/35 mpg driving about 250 miles on a little trip.
Do you remember how fast you were going during your trip? I have a '15 AWD. I had cruise control set at 75 for a 650 mile (1 way) trip and got 29.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Over last summer we took wife's car 19 awd Trax over a 250 mile trip and she got 30 to 35 average. But she had about 9500 miles too so maybe it's broken in?

·
Registered
28 Posts
We had to get a rental while our Trax was in the shop for a week or so over a recall, and they gave us a 2020 Trax that was AWD, seems like that thing got 26mpg, it was around Christmas time so weather was cold and alot of stop and go traffic, didn't think that was too bad then......we always had a bigger car..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts