Chevy Trax Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my Trax I really do. Just wish I could figure out the low power/gas mileage. Low torque/pickup.
I’m leasing a 2020 Trax AWD as a second car and (knock on wood) I’m very pleased
I have driven it for short moments at 90 mph on rt 4 and it breaks on a dime plus the heat and AC are working just well. And stability is good. It also takes me up our icy driveway with all season Contis almost as well as our amazing Subaru Limited in VT. I don’t need to go around passing all cars and everybody, so as long as it keeps me with the flow of the traffic (55/80 mph) I’m content.

·
Registered
2018 Trax AWD
6 Posts
I am concerned about gas mileage. I have a 19 awd Trax with about 2900 miles that was purchased last year about October. I am currently averaging about 18/19 mpg. If I take it in sbd they say they can't do anything for me then what are my options? What mpg is everyone else getting awd models?
cold definitely will affect that, last week was in the 50s here, went up at least 6 mpg in just three days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Our car, gets 30 mph in which it is a front wheel drive, it did good in on the slick roads we had this winter, I did however put 2 cinder blocks in the back to help and it went on, on those icy roads we had...

·
Registered
227 Posts
How YOU drive has a huge impact on gas mileage. I get 32-35 MPG out of my '18 Trax AWD, my wife gets 18-20 out of the same car. It is all in the difference of how we each drive the same car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am at 19.4 in my '15 AWD. Most of my driving is about 5 miles in 1 direction. About half of that is 50 - 55 MPH. The other half is under 50. I put a can of SeaFoam in the tank when it was at the 1/2 way, then filled it. I haven't tried that product in this vehicle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just now filled up and total miles driven divided by number of gallons put in to full I got 19.64 mpg. If I knew this was all I would be getting in gas mileage I would have stuck with my corolla.
My wifes awd trax same year gets mid 20s and drives like I do.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
You can't calculate it that way over one tank. You have to keep track over several tanks to get a more accurate reading or go by the average meter over a month. My Trax for the last month is sitting at 8.5 l/100Kms ( 27.7mpg US ) Was 9.3 (25.3) @ the beginning of the month but with warmer days it's been getting better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am concerned about gas mileage. I have a 19 awd Trax with about 2900 miles that was purchased last year about October. I am currently averaging about 18/19 mpg. If I take it in sbd they say they can't do anything for me then what are my options? What mpg is everyone else getting awd models?
I have a 2016 chevy trax that's getting 25.9

·
Super Moderator
289 Posts
24.2 in the city, 35.7 on my last lengthy highway trip with the last bits of the winter blend gas in the tank.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts