Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to purchase a 2016 Trax (8,300) miles...was a lease vehicle, 1 owner. I live in the Appalachian Mountain region, so yes we have alot of mountains. Just wondering how this will perform with the high grades of the mountains? Anyone ?????

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
Turbo vehicles always do better performance wise in higher elevations than their NA counterparts, so for what the Trax is you shouldn't expect anything too crazy in my opinion. I live in Western Pennsylvania and even though we're having an extremely mild (and wet) winter, I've had zero issues with mine in the few snow storms and icy days we've had. Keep your oil level good and change it appropriately, when you get new tire, buy all 4 (AWD models specifically), and don't try to be a racecar driver because they aren't designed for that. The horsepower and torque max out at below 2,000 RPM, so you can get it moving well with minimal effort on the accelerator.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It will do just fine. I have had mine out to the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and many points beyond and not always on paved or improved roads. I would upgrade to a AT or all season tire especially for winter or rougher terrain. You will fine the Trax a confident vehicle to drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts