Chevy Trax Forum banner

Glove Box

18K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  mjbjr25 
#1 ·
How do you remove the glove box on a 2013 model? Manual doesnt say much about removing them, it just says open and then pull........ im afraid i might damage something because the catch is there, i tried depressing the catch or try to move/push the catch but wont even bulge an inch.......

#4 ·
tabs can easily break when doing jobs like this so if you don't feel confident in your ability to take on this job then its probably best that you don't do it. Some people i know just end up going to car audio shops that are familiar with how car makers assemble these things. try getting an estimate from them or even go to the dealer.

#5 ·
Most glove boxes doors are removed with screws that go up from the bottom of the dash panel.

You leave the door as it is closed then take out the screws from the bottom then unlatch the door then pull it toward you (you may have to push the sides in to go pass the stops)

If you just want to get behind the glove box> open the door> then before it is all the way open grab the sides> pull inward> If the plastic isn't really cold the sides will move kind of easy this will let the stops pass by the opening.

The door will fall all the way down giving you access to the cabin filter and what ever is behind the glove box.

#7 ·
I did this and took pictures while changing the cabin air filter. Here goes,,,...

First remove all the junk in the glove box.

Like so...

Then unhook damper mechanism at the top noticing at which hole it's at, mine was at bottom hole. Just easier at the top.

Then press inward at the 2 stoppers one side at a time and the door will drop right straight down.

Revealing this.

If you want to replace the cabin air filter just depress the 2 clips on either side and lift door.

Notice air flow direction before removing.

Then reverse the procedure putting it back.

Reactions: Tomspear@live.com
#11 ·
Fan is probably rubbing on something that fell in or the filter kinked when you put it in. Try it without the filter if you have no noise you know your filter was rubbing. If noise is still there vacuum the inside where the fan is. Always something isn't there just to bite you! Have a nice day.

#15 · (Edited)
I change those filters once or twice a year. I get them from Aliexpress dirt cheap compared to local. They come in GM boxes with GM#s. They are the exact same with same number of pleats and same material. In fact I just purchased 2 new sets last week for $25 Cdn a set delivered to my home since my daughter needed new ones for her Buick Encore and used up my spare set. I will post a picture here when I get them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32961976021.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dOa4DLc

How much did you pay for that single filter?

#17 ·
I paid about $12 for mine at advance Auto parts
That would be about $16 Cnd, not a bad price. The set on Aliexpress is $18.99 USd but you have to wait for shipping and delivery, that's why I always order long in advance. Mine are only due to be changed in April-May just before pollen season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.