Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

GM has announced that it will invest $245 million into their Orion Assembly plant. That investment will be for an all-new model that is "unlike any in the pant's 32-year history."

We don't know much about the mystery model, but GM North America vice president of Manufacturing and Labor Relations, Cathy Clegg, said "The plant is up to the challenge of building this brand-new product, something it's never seen before." That's about all we know other than that the vehicle will go into production in the next three or four years.

It will be built alongside the Chevy Bolt. That makes me think that this new model will likely be electric.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...all-new-vehicle-program-coming-to-orion-plant

·
Registered
745 Posts
Alpha platform would be smart, plus aside from that there really isn't any other platform that seems would go with this.

Seen the XT5 and it's IMPRESSIVE, this should get exciting.

·
Registered
193 Posts
They wanted to make bold moves and do things they haven't done before and this sure fits the bill.

Any guesses as to what other plug-in's we can expect from them in the future?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Improvements are necessary especially for the automotive industry where competition is tight all around. Without upgrades or new releases, consumers will not be enticed to patronize that same brand again. Gradual advances will ignite interests amongst keen buyers so they need to take place over certain intervals to keep the fire burning.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If GM builds an electric car that will work for my life I will buy one.

I'm not interested in if I can fit 5 people in a vehicle, I don't want a bolt devoid of style.

Can't make one, or more like, don't want to make one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any updates on the thread? I'm just suddenly curious about what mysterious vehicle they've linked to this announcement. I'm personally quite excited to see what Gm thinks the world will be excited to see from them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts