Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2022 model year will be the last for the Trax. GM is discontinuing another popular, great vehicle. (My first Chevrolet was an HHR; absolutely awesome vehicle, so, naturally, GM discontinued it.) The Spark is also being discontinued, so a new Chevy under $25k will cease to exist. I am extremely disappointed; my 2018 has been great and I ordered a 2022 exactly like it (well, different color) in early February. I drive a ton for work and am currently at 128k miles on the 2018...with exactly one mechanical problem in that span. I don't know what's next when it comes time to replace the 2022 one I ordered; might have to find a new make.

·
Registered
61 Posts
GM seems to do that. My wife's 2003 Pontiac Vibe was discontinued in 2009. One still sees them on the road. GM also got rid of Pontiac. Crazy, the Vibe was one of their top selling cars, similar to Toyota's Matrix which was discontinued in 2014.
It is interesting that some owners absolutely love their Trax, while others seem to have many problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 2022 model year will be the last for the Trax. GM is discontinuing another popular, great vehicle. (My first Chevrolet was an HHR; absolutely awesome vehicle, so, naturally, GM discontinued it.) The Spark is also being discontinued, so a new Chevy under $25k will cease to exist. I am extremely disappointed; my 2018 has been great and I ordered a 2022 exactly like it (well, different color) in early February. I drive a ton for work and am currently at 128k miles on the 2018...with exactly one mechanical problem in that span. I don't know what's next when it comes time to replace the 2022 one I ordered; might have to find a new make.
I think GM is trying to push the Trailblazer instead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
One of my friends bought the Trailblazer. He had looked at the Trax but the dealership persuaded them to choose the Trailblazer. He is happy with the fuel mileage. Although it is a 3 Cylinder it has more horsepower. It is fairly new on the market and so far has fewer problems [according to the dealership].

·
Administrator
2,596 Posts
It is interesting that some owners absolutely love their Trax, while others seem to have many problems.
I love my Trax even after resuscitating it from the dead after it was wrote off. This vehicle turned out to be one of my best GM's ever and also the most fun to drive. I understand people that have no mechanical incline can be frustrated with these cars, they are finicky and do require TLC. Did I mention I love my Trax.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We have a love/hate with the Trax. It spent the better part of 1 1/2 months off the road and in the shop waiting for parts. Replaced the battery, then the charge air cooler, then the Catalytic converter. That part we hate.
Hope to stay positive. It seems to be good again. The Bose sound system is the best we have ever had. It is a fun car and when it is running well we do love it.
BTW my wife's 2003 Vibe is still on the road.

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Trax LS Black Cherry AWD 1.4L Turbo ( LUV )
4 Posts
That's a shame, I like my Trax AWD lots better than the FWD Cruze I traded for it. It's saved my butt on snow a few times already. I don't have to bend my head over so much to sit down in it and I can see around me in traffic because it's higher. Between that, a great trade in offer and Chevy insisting I couldn't add dealer installed cruise to the Cruze because of the VIN, I was ready to trade. A quote to install a Rostra aftermarket one was $600 and I wasn't crazy about the wiring getting cut. I guess it's too close in size, price and MPG to the Trailblazer.

I guess my tradition of buying a GM car just as they kill it continues!
1991 Old Calais
1996 Olds Ciera
2008 Chevy Cobalt
2019 Chevy Cruze

·
Registered
43 Posts
We bought our 2019 Chevy Trax new, after I went to work at a different place, other than oil and filter changes, put new tires on it 2 times, and changed the air filter on it, is about all we have done to it......still has the orignal breakls on it, with 94600 and some miles on it, has done really well......these are easy miles I'd think all highway miles, ...oh and did I mention it gets 30.8 mpg......only thing so far we see with it, not much room for a tall person to ride in the back seat, lol.....and they are alot of these Trax running around here in my neck of the woods......and yes we like out Trax..........I'd hate to see them do away with this car, but now a days here, we are hearing a lot of talk about electric cars

·
Administrator
2,596 Posts
Full on Electric won't cut it with both cold and hot temperatures and the distance between towns and cities we might consider a hybrid but not a straight electric.
Seems like you came upon a whole bunch of misinformation...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I admit the full Electric is getting better, However;
Drive 525.38 Km to Calgary at -45° C from where I live and see how well the battery keeps up. Friends of mine own an Bolt and they have trouble on the prairies. They won't consider visiting us.
Quote from Consumer Reports
"Running the cabin heater, seat heaters, defroster, and other accessories that combat the cold weather inside the car all sap range. For cold temperatures, what we have found is that 20° F and colder is when the range really drops."
Another friend has a Leaf and has trouble going from Cowichan Bay to Nanaimo. She is having trouble selling it.

·
Administrator
2,596 Posts
I lose 20% with my Trax also in the winter time, I get 700Kms in summer and barely 500 in winter on a tank.My daughter has a Tesla model "Y" it has a heat pump for heat and defrost and is very efficient, like you say it does lose range but so does an ICE vehicle. My Trax's fuel average drops from 7.3l/100l in summer to 9.3 in the winter. When you talk about the Bolt you are talking about a primitive design that was pushed out by GM so they wouldn't have to pay green penalties, they have since recalled all of them because they caught fire when charging. As for the Leaf it was a bad design from day one and was principally design for city driving at less than 200Km range depending on the year and model. Their first battery was terrible and was replaced under warranty even after warranty was up. New ones are better. My daughter loves her "Y" and my next vehicle will be electric if I live long enough to wear out this Trax.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree that as electric improves one may also be in our future.

As technology improves I witnessed it in pro photo gear. The Kodak DCS 760 came on the market 22 years ago. A wedding photographer had to pack 3 or 4 of the big heavy batteries. The DCS 760 boasted 6 megapixels. was $40 K and worth 100 bucks on the used market. it was only a 6 megapixel capture. Todays cellphones have more megapixels.
I have upgraded 3 times since then. My last purchase was a D800 in 2013 and is still going strong. A single battery lasts over 1000 frames.

For us today's full electric vehicle doesn't make sense. Not yet....

·
Registered
Trax 2019 LT AWD
17 Posts
It appears the Chevy Trax name will live on for another model cycle (an all-new Chevy Trax)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow. I just told my kid to keep it and. Raise Woodward when it’s a classic. 😂
I just put authentic plates on my ‘95 so lic plate fee will be gone forever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I felt the Saturn being discontinued was also a HUGE mistake for GM. I still see quite a few on the road yet today. Maybe that is why? ****.........we cannot be known, for selling a dependable car!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
we had the GM account, when Saab, hummer, Pontiac and Saturn was scrapped I was scrambling grabbing stuff from the trash. Looks like I need a trax Lic plate to add to the hall of shame

1 - 18 of 18 Posts