Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally maybe we'll get some cohesive strategy from the General...

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150305/OEM02/150309895/gm-hires-new-media-strategy-director

General Motors has hired Jonathan Halvorson as director of global media strategy and branded entertainment. The appointment is effective April 1.

Halvorson will make GM’s media strategy “more accountable and innovative” and will “build our brands through partnerships and integrations,” an internal announcement said.

He will join the global marketing services team, reporting to Megan Stooke, general director of global marketing services.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Oreo has a pretty great brand image and development. The whole split it apart and dip it in milk thing has done them well. Trident is also fine.

I am more interested in what they saw as the flaws in their strategies before this. What was the impetus for the change?

·
Registered
745 Posts
throw away products compared to cars though... Its almost as if industry people dont want to touch GM with someone elses pole...
Consider these are brands that have developed strong following, hitting the right emotional cues (since emotions > logic) and doing what they've done with branding and marketing, some of that can be tied into the automotive sector to an extent

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think Oreo is amazing. I don't have a strong connection to Trident though. It does seem to me that selling Trident would be like selling GM products simply because both are pretty generic and mainstay products. You've got to find a way to make that stuff interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts