Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a strange move GM is diverting resources in order to increase production of the Encore because... It has a head start on the segment...

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150202/RETAIL01/302029996/gm-is-betting-on-encore-again

Aldred wants to capitalize on the Encore's sizable head start. He expects the Encore to emerge as Buick's top-selling nameplate this year, even after sales surged 53 percent last year to 48,892, putting it at No. 3 in the lineup behind the Enclave large crossover (62,300) and the LaCrosse sedan (51,468).

"I've stuck my neck out to get more Encores, because if you haven't got them, you're not going to sell them," Aldred said.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I mean it makes sense given current market trends and where last year's sales were. Sedans are on the way out while CUVs are on the rise.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It's a great move as the Encore sits in a unique position among the rest and fills a demand that others don't tap directly into. Now to see how they continue to keep the Encore interesting as the years roll by.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It will be interesting when they get to redesign time. The Encore looks great now, but I think that there is a lot of potential to do something different with the design too. I think that the Encore has a lot of staying power.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It will be interesting when they get to redesign time. The Encore looks great now, but I think that there is a lot of potential to do something different with the design too. I think that the Encore has a lot of staying power.
and what different things are those?
post some examples of what you're talking about

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are missing the point, simply allocating more production does not equal more sales... ESPECIALLY not with increased competition...

·
Registered
556 Posts
you guys are missing the point, simply allocating more production does not equal more sales... ESPECIALLY not with increased competition...
I see what you are saying but the Encore is quite popular. I think they are increasing production because the demand is there. I don't see why they would increase production otherwise.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see what you are saying but the Encore is quite popular. I think they are increasing production because the demand is there. I don't see why they would increase production otherwise.
their demand forecasts are based on last year, when the encore was the only vehicle in segment... now for similar money you can get in an Audi Q3 or BMW GLA.

I'm just saying....

·
Registered
193 Posts
their demand forecasts are based on last year, when the encore was the only vehicle in segment... now for similar money you can get in an Audi Q3 or BMW GLA.

I'm just saying....
That's the beauty of what german brands have been up to.
I remember seeing the frustration of Acura ILX owners when the Mercedes CLA came out months after they bought their Acuras.

Thankfully i'm in no rush to buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts