Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to get my licence and I had my G2 licence for a year as of 1-December this year. So to celebrate I went and bought a car last Friday!:D After getting the Trax as a rental a few times, and loving it, I bought a beauty of a 2013 AWD. She's a pretty pearl blue, has the MyLink screen and charcoal and chocolate interior.

I fish a lot and would love to add a tow package at some point, just to pull a smaller set up. But am going to wait till my manufacturer warranty is done before doing that.

I am currently scouring the net to see if there's a way to get a more updated version of MyLink so I can do Apple Car Play, or find some other way to mirror Google Maps to my Screen. If any of you have suggestions for me, I am all ears :nerd:

Want to add mudflaps (lots of gravel roads to the lakes I fish) and roof rack bars this Spring.

Excited to find this forum :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
The mud flaps can be had on ebay for 29 bucks shipped I bought a set for my Buick.

They fronts go on easy, you just need to turn the tire to one side, the rear you might have to remove the tire, to get at the head of the screws but if you have a 1/4 ratchet set you can get in at them with the tire on.

The radio stuff you need to find someone more technical than myself, my radio plays and it plays my cd's I put on a thumb drive, that is all I care about.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a Curt hitch under mine. I have a 2014 model and the hitch was made for the 2013 Encore models. Now since the Trax was launched in the states last year they should have these available for your model as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Those photos really made the Trax look like a super model lol. But congratulations on getting your license, that's one heck of a congratulatory gift to yourself !

·
Registered
772 Posts
You should look into getting the fog lights just to give the front of your new Trax a more up model look.

The fog lights really made my LT look better from the front.

I bought the kit on ebay, you get the light housings and the bezels that have the piece of chrome trim, the lights bolt into brackets that are ready for them.

You need to add the switch and the wireing, don't bother with the stock factory switch and harness, to get it to work the computer needs to be reflashed, it can't be activated one person here tired that route it didn't work.
I tied mine into the low beams, I only put them on the car for the look anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mud flaps can be had on ebay for 29 bucks shipped I bought a set for my Buick.

They fronts go on easy, you just need to turn the tire to one side, the rear you might have to remove the tire, to get at the head of the screws but if you have a 1/4 ratchet set you can get in at them with the tire on.

The radio stuff you need to find someone more technical than myself, my radio plays and it plays my cd's I put on a thumb drive, that is all I care about.

I will see about adding them this Spring, but it will have to be done by my buddy who is car-savvy or my dealship. Same for your comment on the fog lights. I would LOVE to add those and they look so snazzy!

And I listen to a lot of DJ sets, more than just radio. I don't often bother actually downloading stuff and just live-stream internet radio. Plus I'd like to be able to mirror Google Maps as I find Bringo isn't all that user-friendly. But so far, I have not been able to find out how to change out the hard-drive to get the 2016/17 MyLink version :(

I have a Curt hitch under mine. I have a 2014 model and the hitch was made for the 2013 Encore models. Now since the Trax was launched in the states last year they should have these available for your model as well.
I think there are hitches that you can get for sure, but doesn’t adding them, or moreso, using it to actually tow, void the warranty?

Those photos really made the Trax look like a super model lol. But congratulations on getting your license, that's one heck of a congratulatory gift to yourself !

Haha! My dealership clearly uses an app filter on their photos, but the colour really is a pearly-sky blue. It’s gorgeous! I was trying to find out the official colour name and still have yet to get that info but check out the other photos on the net I found. They’re taken near Canada’s Capital in my hometown. Where this car is, normally you can’t drive, so I imagine they must have had to have a special permit.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I will see about adding them this Spring, but it will have to be done by my buddy who is car-savvy or my dealship. Same for your comment on the fog lights. I would LOVE to add those and they look so snazzy!

I think there are hitches that you can get for sure, but doesn’t adding them, or moreso, using it to actually tow, void the warranty?

Haha! My dealership clearly uses an app filter on their photos, but the colour really is a pearly-sky blue. It’s gorgeous! I was trying to find out the official colour name and still have yet to get that info but check out the other photos on the net I found. They’re taken near Canada’s Capital in my hometown. Where this car is, normally you can’t drive, so I imagine they must have had to have a special permit.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts