Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Trax
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For later model years with no fog lamps installed: Has anyone changed out their OEM headlamp switch when installing an aftermarket fog lamp kit? This would be going from a switch with no fog lamp button to one with... Wondering if the wiring harness to the switch contains leads for fog lamps... Wanted to ask here before I start tearing things apart. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Problem isn't the harness it's getting your dealer to enable these in the BCM.

• Sad
Reactions: fairlight2x

·
Registered
66 Posts
Chevrolet used to do that. For some reason they don't do it any more. They gave the dealer the codes for free at one time then they started charging 50 dollars for them, then stopped altogether. In 2008 I put redundant radio controls and dic controls on my 2005 chevy truck. I had to put a steering wheel with the buttons, a new clock spring and tear half the dash apart. Got it together and took it to the dealer. Had to pay fifty for the codes from GM and another fifty for the dealer to reprogram the BCM. Worked like it came with it. Shame they wont do it any more.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a '15 LT. I was hearing stories about reprogramming the BCM for this type of installation. I skipped buying the switch with the fog light option. I didn't want to deal with the hassle
The link below is my encounter with the project. Others have done something similar. I don't know how this site feels about listing company names in public comments.

My '15 LT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts