Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had car 8 weeks fan speed 4 stopped working turned out needed new bloweresearch
motor , wiring harness it took toomeys in Basildon 3 weeks to fix

·
Registered
772 Posts
I would imagine there are not too many parts on hand for these cars, everything would have to be ordered.

·
Registered
745 Posts
he said 3 weeks to fix which sounds about right to me factoring in the time to get the parts and then actually installing it.
would be interesting to see how many of those parts were available locally without having to place a special order taking who knows how long.

aside from that issue how is your Trax so far?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya
Our '13 plate trax just ran out of warranty when the heater blower stopped working altogether ,,,,,, we managed to get a second hand resistor, but it didn't work, even though the supplier said he had tested it before sending it,,,,, ive "HOT WIRED" it with a piece of wire so we have a heater on setting 4 for de-misting,,,,,
What part of the wiring harness goes wrong?????
Would be appreciated if any help comes from this
Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
I would to check the wires see where the power stops.

If you have power at the switch, and power at the resistor, the problem has to be in the wires between those 2 points.

Check your grounds first, you can have all the power in the world but if you have a bad/dirty ground connection, you can't complete the circuit.

A cheap test light will help you out the most just ground it to a known good ground then test the wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts