Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
The last time I was here a couple months ago I had a really bad misfire. With this forums help I replaced the spark plugs and coil pack. This morning the sputtering started again and the same code popped P0300. I got home let it cool down and then pulled the pack and plugs and there’s no sign of issues. I put it all back together and started the car and the issue continued. I thought maybe I got bad gas from somewhere so I went a block up the road and put in a bottle of cleaner and filled the tank. When I got home I let it cool down for an hour then started the car again and the issues continued but this time after a couple minutes a rapid tapping sound started from the back side of the engine. After a couple minutes I shut down the car. Waiting 20 minutes and started and the tapping wasn’t there but the misfire is. I am about to take it for a short 1/2 mile jog to see if there’s any changes but does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on this time?
UPDATE: I ran it for a few miles a couple times and the misfire seems to be no longer happening. No shaking, rough idle, nothing. BUT after driving it again tonight and then letting it idle a few minutes in the driveway the loud rapid tapping sound (doesn’t sound metallic) started again. I let it go for a couple minutes and it continued. The sound appears to be coming from the fuel injector area but I have never heard of one clicking this loud and fast at idle. I turned off the car then back on and it was gone again. Any clues?
thanks again for everyone’s help, I really need to resolve this as I have to go on a 7 hour drive this weekend.
Update 2: the misfire is back. I’m losing my mind over this car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone,
The last time I was here a couple months ago I had a really bad misfire. With this forums help I replaced the spark plugs and coil pack. This morning the sputtering started again and the same code popped P0300. I got home let it cool down and then pulled the pack and plugs and there’s no sign of issues. I put it all back together and started the car and the issue continued. I thought maybe I got bad gas from somewhere so I went a block up the road and put in a bottle of cleaner and filled the tank. When I got home I let it cool down for an hour then started the car again and the issues continued but this time after a couple minutes a rapid tapping sound started from the back side of the engine. After a couple minutes I shut down the car. Waiting 20 minutes and started and the tapping wasn’t there but the misfire is. I am about to take it for a short 1/2 mile jog to see if there’s any changes but does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on this time?
UPDATE: I ran it for a few miles a couple times and the misfire seems to be no longer happening. No shaking, rough idle, nothing. BUT after driving it again tonight and then letting it idle a few minutes in the driveway the loud rapid tapping sound (doesn’t sound metallic) started again. I let it go for a couple minutes and it continued. The sound appears to be coming from the fuel injector area but I have never heard of one clicking this loud and fast at idle. I turned off the car then back on and it was gone again. Any clues?
thanks again for everyone’s help, I really need to resolve this as I have to go on a 7 hour drive this weekend.
Update 2: the misfire is back. I’m losing my mind over this car!
What brand or kind of plugs did you use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts