Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. We just bought a 2019 Trax AWD Premier on the used market with 20900 miles on it and this is our first Trax. We bought it because of the fuel economy as it will be our new daily driver. We got a pretty good deal on it we think we did at least. Since we are new to the Trax. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to check for the mileage that this car has? I will also look in the manual, but also want to check with long time owners who have kept these cars for some time. Thank you in advance and I hope to learn a lot.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
The only thing I can think of is to check which oil filter your car needs and make sure they put the right one in the last oil change. If you read this next thread you will understand why. Especially page 2 or all of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing I can think of is to check which oil filter your car needs and make sure they put the right one in the last oil change. If you read this next thread you will understand why. Especially page 2 or all of it.

WOW! That is good to know. I will more likely take it the stealership for oil changes at this point as the dealership I bought it from took it to Valvoline. Can you give me advise on synthetic oils for this car? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
All full synthetics meet or exceed the GM recommended oils. Most are better, I use Mobil1 or Valvoline.

It is easy to check which oil filter you need Just by looking at the cap. The UFI is brown with eight ridges while the HENGST is black.

If it's a UFI you can easily remove the cap with a 24mm socket and check if at the last change they didn't put a Hengst filter instead of a UFI to avoid damage to your engine.

You might want to read this thread starting at post #65 from the Encore forum ( same engine )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All full synthetics meet or exceed the GM recommended oils. Most are better, I use Mobil1 or Valvoline.

It is easy to check which oil filter you need Just by looking at the cap. The UFI is brown with eight ridges while the HENGST is black.

If it's a UFI you can easily remove the cap with a 24mm socket and check if at the last change they didn't put a Hengst filter instead of a UFI to avoid damage to your engine.

You might want to read this thread starting at post #65 from the Encore forum ( same engine )

Thank you for information. I will for sure check into that. I am just learning the ins and outs of this car. I hope to learn more from this site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts