Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchased a new 2018 Trax LT a few months back, and I liked it so much that when my recent college graduate daughter was ready to upgrade her car, she purchased a pre-owned 2016 Trax LT AWD. I have searched extensively, but cannot figure out how to delete the pre-set radio stations set from the previous owner. On the 2018, it's easy to find under the settings, and the pre-sets have a small trash can icon to remove a particular set channel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
If it has a MyLink radio the preset will be overdubbed the second you program a new station to that spot. This is done by touching and holding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I'm sorry I didn't include that. It is a MyLink radio and we have set a page or 2 of the stations she prefers. But it has 7 pages or screens of possible pre-sets? So if we don't fill them all with her preferences and she starts to toggle from the steering wheel, the other presets pop up. If that makes sense? Is there a way to eliminate or lessen the 7 pages down to one or 2 ? Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks. I will re-check tonight. Hopefully that's the answer. I appreciate the responses and patience !!

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
I guess there is no delete option just overwrite in the MyLink, I just went through the manual. She is going to have to learn which one is where. I put mine in numerical order so I always know if I have to go up or down. But I mostly listen to downloaded music. She could probably hook up her Iphone or Android via bluetooth or USB and have access to all her music. I just plug a memory key in the USB port for my music.

She could also use the auxiliary jack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. She set the favorites pages from 7 to 2, and then set her favorites. And yes, her ipod and phone will work as well. Now, another question. We both have newer phones. Her phone operates everything in my 2018 Trax LT with Android Auto including the Google Maps. In her car, the 2016 Trax LTit has the Android Icon on the infotainment center screen, but the maps in the app do not appear on the infotainment center screen like the 2018. The 2016 has the BringGo app, which is less than stellar. I did contact Chevrolet with the software update floating around # 16-NA-042, Infotainment Center Upgrade. The woman was very nice, asked if I was in the car to perform this update/upgrade. Unfortunately I was not. Then she told me the 2016 does not have Android Auto. I said it has the Android Auto icon on the infotainment screen ? She replied it shouldn't have? Does anyone have any insight to this issue ? Thank you in advance for any help and for your patience with us !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts