Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short my check engine light appeared. Took it in next day and they said my turbo had a crack in it, my oil pan needed resealing, needed a new camshaft along with several smaller misc parts. At this point it’s about $5000 worth of repairs. Done. Got the car back, and my car was leaking coolant all th way home. Took it back and it turns out they needed to replace the temperate hose because it was broke(the dealership fault from what I can tell). Get the car back again and the bottom shield of my car was broken and falling out along with my A/C stopped working unless my gas was on. They said the A/C was not their fault and they didn’t do anything to it, I would have to pay them to look at it. My car starts steaming while driving in the rain, take it back and they say they cannot find ANYTHING wrong with it. I get my car- MY CAR STARTS OVERHEATING WHEN IDLE. Have them tow it and now they are saying the following;
“I did ask him and he said that fuse box just shorted out internally, no way we would have known that when replacing the turbo. The cooling fan has a resistor in it that is not working fully, no low speed. This is needed to operate the AC and cool down the engine. When the fan is forced to operate on higher speeds it will cause AC issues and overheating issues. 1st time here your said it was feeling sluggish, no power. That would be turbo failure.”

now can someone let me know if they think these are all related? And or which came first the chicken or the egg?I’m having a hard time finding the dealership being completely honest and I need someone’s third party professional opinion.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have 3rd party expert advice. But I've been having the exact same issue with my 2014 Trax -- a/c stops working and engine overheating alarm starts pinging when I'm in bumper-to-bumper traffic for an extended period of time. This has happened 4/5 times since buying the car used in April. Dealership has tried several things over the months and each time I think it's "fixed" but clearly no resolution since it happened again today. So frustrating. Reading your post has been helpful since it gives me some questions to ask. Sorry I can't be of help but if I learn more I will come and post again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.