Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a big camping bladder of water was carelessly left in my 2017 Trax overnight. Upon driving it today, the speakers started making static noise, and would cut in and out.

I checked the back and saw that this bladder had a little leak, which soaked into the spare tire compartment. I inspected the compartment and it seems that the rear inner speaker woofer connectors might have gotten wet, causing the speakers to play static noise (or sometimes no noise at all).

How big of a problem is this? Is this as simple as replacing the rear speaker, or does it effect all the wiring/speakers? I'd like to remove the speaker but I'm not sure how, can anyone give me any advice? Would this type of thing be covered under warranty?

Sorry if I come across ignorant, I don't really know much about cars in general. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Have you removed the Woofer to see if it was maybe full of water? At least disconnect it and dry off the pins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you removed the Woofer to see if it was maybe full of water? At least disconnect it and dry off the pins.
I'm really not sure how to remove it. Was hoping there was a Youtube video but there's nothing. I've tried to pull it apart but it just don't wanna give.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Press the tab on the connector and disconnect, then unscrew the nut like you were removing the spare. The woofer will come right out, so check it to make sure no water got inside the enclosure. It is suppose to be hermetically sealed but you never know.

If water got into the woofer it should be covered under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts