Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My girlfriend and I are the proud new owners of a 2016 LT AWD in silver (can't remember the name).

Our interior is black on black cloth.

My only real complaints are the horrible blind spots that idiots like to hide in, and the arm rest has developed a grinding feeling when putting it up and down, but other than those two minor annoyances, we are both quite happy with it.

The AWD is very nice, I got to hoon around in the snow with it a little bit.

I really would have liked to have had leather, but having the manual seats are better because I'm 6'3" and my girlfriend is 5'0". It's just easier to adjust the seat when we switch cars.

I'd like to get ahold of some Euro/Russian spec tail lights as a cosmetic mod. I've also wondered about getting a hold of some factory fog lamps, and have them installed.

Also, another thing I've wondered is if you can modify the Daytime Running Lights in the lighting control module or BCM. I noticed that the European/Russian models use the high beams as the DRLs as opposed to the low beams here in the US.

Either way, I'm glad we have our Trax. :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
The fog light units can be had at ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-Chevy-Trax-Bumper-Fog-Lights-Lamps-w-Switch-Blub-Wiring-Ralay-Bezel-/201760671875?fits=Make%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3ATrax&hash=item2ef9df8883:g:LyMAAOSwEzxYWIb7&vxp=mtr

While these kits look plug and play it was found out early that the computer needed to be reflashed in order for them to work with the factory switch.(then they found out there was no reflash available so the lights didn't work after all that trouble of making it look factory.
The kit is cheap enough to use what you need, then wire it so you can power it up from another power source, I tapped into an existing power on accessory wire to get my power, I mounted a power switch near the steering column I was done in an hour or so.

There are Holden tail lights but they are rather pricey compared to the fog's. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Trunk-...ash=item2a5e549ee2:g:v58AAOSwo3pWe6Ey&vxp=mtr

I can't see any reason to put a power seat in a car, a manual seat adjusts to where you need it in seconds, I look for cars without power seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fog light units can be had at ebay

While these kits look plug and play it was found out early that the computer needed to be reflashed in order for them to work with the factory switch.(then they found out there was no reflash available so the lights didn't work after all that trouble of making it look factory.
The kit is cheap enough to use what you need, then wire it so you can power it up from another power source, I tapped into an existing power on accessory wire to get my power, I mounted a power switch near the steering column I was done in an hour or so.

There are Holden tail lights but they are rather pricey compared to the fog's.

I can't see any reason to put a power seat in a car, a manual seat adjusts to where you need it in seconds, I look for cars without power seats.
Hey, thanks for the information.

That's weird that there's no way to enable the fog lights in the BCM. But either way, I'm sure it won't be hard to make the fog lamps work.

Those Holden tail lamps look pretty slick. I was thinking about these lights myself. The only difference I can see is that maybe the red in the lenses might be a little deeper red, and the turn/back up lamp lenses are dark as opposed to being clear. Oh, and it turns out this style isn't limited to Europe, it's also in South America and apparently Oz as well.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9d/2013_Holden_Trax_%28TJ_MY14%29_LTZ_wagon_%282015-07-03%29_02.jpg/800px-2013_Holden_Trax_%28TJ_MY14%29_LTZ_wagon_%282015-07-03%29_02.jpg

·
Registered
772 Posts
I like the Holden tails but the price is a bit much for me.

The fog light kit is cheap for what you get, I had to make my own harness, and supply my own switch and fog light sockets.

I got the lights, and the bezels that was it, for around the same amount of money.

All you have to do with that kit is substitute your own power source point, just find your own key on power source, everything else is just plug and play.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the Holden tails but the price is a bit much for me.

The fog light kit is cheap for what you get, I had to make my own harness, and supply my own switch and fog light sockets.

I got the lights, and the bezels that was it, for around the same amount of money.

All you have to do with that kit is substitute your own power source point, just find your own key on power source, everything else is just plug and play.
I've gone that route before, it just sucks there's no way to enable the option in the BCM.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I've gone that route before, it just sucks there's no way to enable the option in the BCM.
I was thinking about that, why couldn't you just put power to the post needed, from another source?

Find a ignition on hot source, apply it to the correct post, then you should have fogs from your stock switch.

I never went the factory switch route with my Trax, I added my own switch, so I never tried this solution.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the Trax. Those tail lights look freaking amazing, but the price is pretty freaking hefty as well... Any aftermarket solution that's similar to it ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts