Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 1997 Chevy Blazer and am looking for a new used vehicle. The ones I'm looking at so far are the Chevy Trax, Ford Escape & Toyota Rav4. I like a few of the Jeeps but they are too expensive.
The Chevy Trax I found started at 15,995.00 and has gone down to 14,000.00. This kind of sounds too good... Mileage : 4,927 miles
The VIN starts with a "K" = South Korean made.

I like seeing the folks whose signature line lists the year, model and VIN # of their Trax, it helps.

What brought me here? A Google search on "Chevy Trax".

·
Registered
53 Posts
All are made in South Korea I believe. The price would be about right I think for a 2016. At 5.000 miles its just now ready for the 1st synthetic oil change. Its surprising how much this little bugger can hold inside. Mine gets really good mileage, handles reasonably well, gets me from point A to B confidently. Is it blessed with awesome power no, can you go 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, no. It is a small 4 banger , maybe 160 hp with the turbo, and is to be treated as such. Mine is a front wheel drive and has done everything I've asked of it. Some history on me and why I chose mine. I have some bodily physical issues that cause severe pain. I searched many autos and discovered the Trax by accident. I find the ride height nearly perfect for entry and exit. The lumbar supported seat comfortable and the view while driving very good. Although, for me, the windshield post, does create an obstruction but nothing that can't be overcome. The indash infotainment system is a good asset. Connect your smart phone through the bluetooth and receive/make calls and answer/send texts via voice.

In the end it's only worth $14000 if you think it is. I bought mine new ( LS ) and do not regret it one minute.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just go drive them, they are 3 very different vehicles. ... You can take the Escape out of your comparison right from the get-go for one main reason. Reliability has been poor where the Trax, Honda HR-V, and the Rav4 are all tops and similar in reliability.

The Trax is smaller than the RAV-4 it's resale value while good will be lower than the RAV4 is one of the Vehicles that holds its value the best of all vehicles sold in the country.

Where the Trax shines is Engine/Transmission combo. Coming out of a Blazer you will enjoy driving the Torquey Trax, where the RAV4 is an extremely old atmospheric Japanese Engine that must be winded to move a heavy vehicle for its power. The Trax Visibility and height is also more truck like and the infotainment system and technology (remote start, lock and locate with app) Apple Car play... and great sound make it much more fun.

Comes down to fun and enjoyment with the Trax vs the Toyota's reliability and resale but don't expect to have any fun driving a RAV4.

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
If I were you I would snag a 2015 they still have a 100K warranty on the drive train.

If you could pick up one of those then extend the warranty out a few years, (time wise) you would have a car that would get you to 100K covered by a warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.