Chevy Trax Forum banner

Hood Lift Supports

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Caeser99 
#1 ·
Anybody install hood lift supports on their Trax? I have a 2017 and would like to do so. Manufacturer and part numbers would be helpful. Thanks

#2 ·
I'm with you on this one the prop rod to is a very, very cheap way to support the hood when you think their cheapest model ever the Cobalt had pressurized shocks to hold the hood up. Unfortunately even the most expensive Buick Encore has a prop rod and it isn't listed as an option. There may be an aftermarket kit but I've never seen it or it would already be on both my vehicles.

#3 ·
For as often as I open the hood the prop rod is good, the only time I have the hood open for a long time is when I change the oil.

Most cars with prop rods, the hood can usually be opened wide out of the way when you are doing a larger job, like on most Miata's the hood can be pulled back so they are standing vertically.

That wide opening can make it very easy to work on the engine, I never tried it on the Buick, but I'm sure with the right length bungee cord it can be pulled back out of your way.

You would have to pop off the cylinders to open the hood all the way, if the hood hinge design will allow it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.