Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuse (#34) is fine. Appearance and meter test.

I still hear a clicking relay but I can't find any mention of a relay in the PDF manuals I've found. I took out every relay from the same fuse block where the horn's fuse is and still hear the clicking when I use either the steering wheel or the remote.

I found a diagram from a 2013 that indicates there IS in fact a relay for the horn, but no luck finding anything more.

So I guess I have two questions:

Which is more likely to blow out? The mysterious relay I can't find (perhaps the contact points, if not the coil itself)
Where do I get the tool needed to get down to the horn? Those little round clip things seem to self destruct. Is that normal? What's the proper tool for those things called?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I replaced my horn with a dual horn from an Equinox. Much louder. I had to fabricate a bracket for it. You can get your hands down there where the horn is and a wrench too. At least I can.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve found a tool that is useful for the clips. It’s a flathead screwdriver that is split and looks like a small pry bar. The clips can be bought in bulk on Amazon. They tend to break or shoot off into the sunset

1 - 3 of 3 Posts