Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y’all! New user here.

I have a 2019 Trax LT. we just made 21k miles together today. (I bought her with 3k miles on her )
I’ve taken my Trax back to the dealership before because the ride would stop being so smooth. Sometimes I can feel the road through the gas pedal... does that make sense?
The first time I took her, they said I had a few loose bolts. No biggie. She did have almost 4K miles on her. They were using her as a loaner vehicle.

the second time I took her, they said someone had tightened Those bolts too much and that was causing the bumpiness.
It is time for an oil change so I’m taking my Trax back to the dealership again soon. I want to be specific with what I ask them to check on, but do any of you have an idea of what I could do to get a smoother ride?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did you keep your receipt for the bolt tightening issue? Everyone makes mistakes once in a while When I go to the dealership for service, sometimes I get an inspection report. If something major is wrong, I tend to think someone would say something to you. The link is to AAMCO Transmissions. It's a brief explanation for a few possible reasons: Tire pressure, alignment, uneven wear on tires, and suspension.
AAMCO Transmission
3K on the clock when purchased leads me to think this wasn't a loaner or demo, but I don't know. Generally, most nuts and bolts (including the lug nuts for the wheels) have a rating for how much torque (circular force) should be applied to make sure things are secure, but not to the point of possible damage (over tight as you mentioned).

Has anyone hit or run over anything at something at a fast speed? dented wheel, alignment bad

Meineke repair shop site suggests these as possibilities: tires, suspension, transmission, and brakes
Meineke

Hope you find your problem. Welcome to the Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi y’all! New user here.

I have a 2019 Trax LT. we just made 21k miles together today. (I bought her with 3k miles on her )
I’ve taken my Trax back to the dealership before because the ride would stop being so smooth. Sometimes I can feel the road through the gas pedal... does that make sense?
The first time I took her, they said I had a few loose bolts. No biggie. She did have almost 4K miles on her. They were using her as a loaner vehicle.

the second time I took her, they said someone had tightened Those bolts too much and that was causing the bumpiness.
It is time for an oil change so I’m taking my Trax back to the dealership again soon. I want to be specific with what I ask them to check on, but do any of you have an idea of what I could do to get a smoother ride?
I also have a 2019 Trax LT it has 11k miles on it just got it a few weeks ago I have not noticed any problems with bad ride Quality everything is smooth however I wouldn’t expect to notice anything bad either. That being said yours only has 21,000 miles on it and I wouldn’t expect anything to be bad on yours either. I do hear creeks when going over bumps that could be because I’m not used to having an open hatch to the cabin. I don’t know how long you have had your car but the bumper to bumper warranty transfers from owner to owner and is good until three years or 30,000 miles so I would find out if you still have the bumper to bumper warranty and if you do try to take it to a different Chevy dealer maybe one with a higher rating they won’t charge you for just looking at the car and if there is something wrong with it they will fix it under the bumper to bumper warranty. If the car is not under warranty I would probably still try to take it to a different Chevy dealer and see what they say. the person who looked at the car last time might not have knowing what they were doing. Everybody has a different Idea of what is acceptable when it comes to ride quality and it’s not until you live with the car that you can tell if somethings wrong that being said with only 21,000 miles it should drive like a brand new one and you should be able to say hey this is what my car should feel like. Hope I helped have a good day!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you keep your receipt for the bolt tightening issue? Everyone makes mistakes once in a while When I go to the dealership for service, sometimes I get an inspection report. If something major is wrong, I tend to think someone would say something to you. The link is to AAMCO Transmissions. It's a brief explanation for a few possible reasons: Tire pressure, alignment, uneven wear on tires, and suspension.
AAMCO Transmission
3K on the clock when purchased leads me to think this wasn't a loaner or demo, but I don't know. Generally, most nuts and bolts (including the lug nuts for the wheels) have a rating for how much torque (circular force) should be applied to make sure things are secure, but not to the point of possible damage (over tight as you mentioned).

Has anyone hit or run over anything at something at a fast speed? dented wheel, alignment bad

Meineke repair shop site suggests these as possibilities: tires, suspension, transmission, and brakes
Meineke

Hope you find your problem. Welcome to the Forum
I finally got back around to this post.
I just got an alignment after accidentally hitting a bad hole. However this issue has been around for a while. There’s also alittle noise coming from underneath. I’m taking her back to the dealership tomorrow! Maybe I can get to the bottom of this if I throw a big enough tantrum 😭😭😭

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have a 2019 Trax LT it has 11k miles on it just got it a few weeks ago I have not noticed any problems with bad ride Quality everything is smooth however I wouldn’t expect to notice anything bad either. That being said yours only has 21,000 miles on it and I wouldn’t expect anything to be bad on yours either. I do hear creeks when going over bumps that could be because I’m not used to having an open hatch to the cabin. I don’t know how long you have had your car but the bumper to bumper warranty transfers from owner to owner and is good until three years or 30,000 miles so I would find out if you still have the bumper to bumper warranty and if you do try to take it to a different Chevy dealer maybe one with a higher rating they won’t charge you for just looking at the car and if there is something wrong with it they will fix it under the bumper to bumper warranty. If the car is not under warranty I would probably still try to take it to a different Chevy dealer and see what they say. the person who looked at the car last time might not have knowing what they were doing. Everybody has a different Idea of what is acceptable when it comes to ride quality and it’s not until you live with the car that you can tell if somethings wrong that being said with only 21,000 miles it should drive like a brand new one and you should be able to say hey this is what my car should feel like. Hope I helped have a good day!
Thank you! I’ll look into taking it somewhere else!

·
Registered
3 Posts
A trax is an suv so the ride is not gonna be like a Cadillac. The tires are bigger than on a passenger car, mine made a ton of noise took to the dealer, and they found nothing wrong. Their response was its a truck u will get used to thr noise and I did, I'm on my second trax. I leased both my SUV trax

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A trax is an suv so the ride is not gonna be like a Cadillac. The tires are bigger than on a passenger car, mine made a ton of noise took to the dealer, and they found nothing wrong. Their response was its a truck u will get used to thr noise and I did, I'm on my second trax. I leased both my SUV trax
Hi Jessica,
I agree, some things are just due to how the vehicle is made. However, the car wasn’t making these noises when I bought it. Also, I’ve had the problem checked out twice and both times there was definitely something wrong. I just want to be sure ya know? Warranty won’t stay good forever!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jessica,
I agree, some things are just due to how the vehicle is made. However, the car wasn’t making these noises when I bought it. Also, I’ve had the problem checked out twice and both times there was definitely something wrong. I just want to be sure ya know? Warranty won’t stay good forever!
I lease my vehicle so I will always a have a warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts