Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m want to check what’s my 0-60 time on my Chevy trax. What rpms is the best for the fastest time possible should I rev to 5k or 3k. Does anyone know ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well.....most People who own a Trax, really never care about that.
You look young in your photo. I have been there many decades ago. Lets face it.....you have the WRONG vehicle to go racing!!! lol! I have played a bit with the manual shifter, mostly just to see if it works.
Maybe you can afford an old car........say with a 440 cid engine, with a "six pack" on it? Even better with a 4 speed tranny!! The Trax is a waste of time for you.....even one of the Japanese "tuner" cars will give you a LOT more fun. Some of those can rev to maybe 8,000 rpm!!
I was lucky when young, ALL the cars had all that stuff!!! But most cars SUCK these days, for any "RAW" gut wrenching horsepower. Trax is made for us "old Fogies"!! Lol!
Good luck my Friend!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey I’m want to check what’s my 0-60 time on my Chevy trax. What rpms is the best for the fastest time possible should I rev to 5k or 3k. Does anyone know ?
While everybody knows this car isn't made for quick times, it's still fun to try right? Best time will be at higher rpm. You can install a tune from trifecta for $300 and it's a lot funner to drive. Adds 44hp.
I just tuned mine and it and now it shifts 3 times faster and has noticeable more power. Actually it's not too bad

·
Registered
8 Posts
WOW!! 44hp more? Did you have it on a Dyno?? Sounds like a LOT........for just a simple "tune" kit. Beats me!! I would think there would need to be MAJOR mod's to the engine, to gain another 44 horses........???

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't put in on a dyno, but it is SIGNIFICANTLY faster and more powerful. Even my 17 year old daughter could tell. It pulls up the hills at lower RPM's without shifting too. Seems to wind out to higher rpms when you really step on it. Not sure if it's good for this little motor to do that.
But quite impressive for a $300 tune. They advertise 44hp and 51ft/lbs of torque added. I believe it. No mechanical modifications done, although I may get a cold air intake.
Now I'm much more confident passing people, and it will even break the front tires loose. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't put in on a dyno, but it is SIGNIFICANTLY faster and more powerful. Even my 17 year old daughter could tell. It pulls up the hills at lower RPM's without shifting too. Seems to wind out to higher rpms when you really step on it. Not sure if it's good for this little motor to do that.
But quite impressive for a $300 tune. They advertise 44hp and 51ft/lbs of torque added. I believe it. No mechanical modifications done, although I may get a cold air intake.
Now I'm much more confident passing people, and it will even break the front tires loose. LOL
COOL!!! I will keep that in mind! But do not want to "grenade" the engine or tranny......or have the gas mileage go down to 15 mpg!!! Are you still maintaining somewhat decent mileage.....while driving "normal"??

Four cylinder engines do not like to be "lugged" like a V8 would tolerate, better for them to "rev".......so it may not hurt it...??

·
Registered
7 Posts
COOL!!! I will keep that in mind! But do not want to "grenade" the engine or tranny......or have the gas mileage go down to 15 mpg!!! Are you still maintaining somewhat decent mileage.....while driving "normal"??

Four cylinder engines do not like to be "lugged" like a V8 would tolerate, better for them to "rev".......so it may not hurt it...??
I've only had it for a few days. I'll see what the MPG are in a week or two. With more efficient power I imagine it will be good mileage still. I'll let you know!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've only had it for a few days. I'll see what the MPG are in a week or two. With more efficient power I imagine it will be good mileage still. I'll let you know!
Cool...NOT exactly the "scientific" test, only after a few days....but.........Enjoy!!! Looking forward to your long term review!

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
I put the Trifecta tune in mine. Didn't see much difference except for shift points. No appreciative hp gain even on supreme. I honestly prefer the original shift patern so I leave the tune "OFF" for the most part. Waste of money in my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's interesting. Did you keep your cruise control button off? The cruise control is the toggle between stock and tune mode. Light has to be off. I didnt' know this until when I first installed it. (Oh...just noticed you said you keep it in the "off" position most of the time. Guess that answers my question...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts