Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Chevy tracks bought it last year during the summer lost antifreeze was blowing out heat in my air conditioner replaced the antifreeze I have now replaced antifreeze 3× second issue about a month ago I got a code P0171 car seem to run just fine now it seems that I don’t was a little fast so put code on there again got P0299. I Replaced the oxygen sensor when I did that engine light went off drove the car 8 miles came back on that was before the second code any ideas

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
Why did you change the HO²? Is your Trax still under warranty? Do you do frequent oil changes with full synthetic? The only time you should follow the oil monitor is if you use full synthetic.

Tell you why, a P0299 is turbo under boost and P0171 is a lean code, these are often seen together on these 1.4l, usually what happens is the oil line to the turbo clogs up and the turbo housing cracks leave you with and exhaust leak therefore no turbo or the turbo just seizes from excessive heat. Pretty sure there was no need to change the HO² and chances are you will need a new turbo. Here is a video of a Cruze with the same engine and with same codes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why are you doing this to a 2016? Take it to the dealer and let them figure it out under warranty. Unless you bought a flood vehicle or something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Trax that I purchased last month. Dealership told me that is blowing hot air instead of cold air. Dealership wants me to drop off car tomorrow. Today when I went the tech said it wasn't the compressor. It just might be stuck in heat mode. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Please help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts