Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello fellow trax peeps! I needed some help as to find out if i am maybe missing a hose clamp in my air intake duct. I have been trying to learn more on the automotive side so i can do my own maintenance on my Trax. The PO299 code has popped up 3 times so far in 108k miles, and disappears right away. Most recently the code also says "de ice air intake system" but being i live on a reservation in the desert, there is no ice. I did clean out the air filter which is almost new, and the housing i cleaned with microfiber cloth. I am going to replace my turbocharger as well since the dealership says it needs replacing. I included in image to see if i am in fact missing a hose clamp. Thank you for any help!
White Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

u for any help!

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
No clamps there, just press fit. But you could tighten the clamp at the throttle body to help with that P0299. You probably don't need a new turbo, these last forever if maintained.

• Love
Reactions: Senpai226

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No clamps there, just press fit. But you could tighten the clamp at the throttle body to help with that P0299. You probably don't need a new turbo, these last forever if maintained.
Ok, i will try that later on and see how that works. I juts wanted to replace the turbo because my MPG has really shot down since it started. Ive been a daily highway driver for the past 7 years and never had an issue with MPG until the PO299 code showed up

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
MPG will go down if you're not producing boost. You really need to check boost side for leaks.

Reactions: apache snow
1 - 4 of 4 Posts