Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,

So I guess this is going to be my introduction. Pardon if it's a little lengthy.

THE SCOOP - So my wife is pregnant with our first child and I'm looking to get a new, safe and affordable vehicle. I definitely want an SUV/Crossover type vehicle and the Trax looked affordable and really nice! I checked out a couple with my dad this past Sunday just walking around the lot after hours. They look sharp!

So yeah, I'm interested in the LTZ model but I'm not sure if it's actually worth the extra money over the LT model? Is it in your opinion? The chrome trim on the door handles kind of looked a little wonky like it was just a strip of chrome pasted on.... Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

I REALLY wanted an SUV with a panoramic sunroof but I just don't have the extra money to plop down for that. So I think my pick for what I can afford is the TRAX. Plus I recently got laid off so.... That's always fun! :)

Our baby is due in November so I'm probably looking to purchase in the next couple months. I'm also looking for advice on negotiating at a dealership. Do you think it's possible to get a fully loaded Trax for around 24k vs the 28k?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my 2015 LTZ for $24,500. It was the only "fully loaded" one on the lot and the 2016's were coming soon so the dealership really wanted this one gone. I went to buy it on 8/31 (last day of the month) and they were looking to deal. They only had 4 other Trax on the lot and wanted them all gone. This was in Florida. I am really happy with my LTZ. I don't really need the "chrome door handles" but I did want the Bose system and the 18" wheels. Well worth it. It rides a little rough, but I keep the tire PSI down at 35 psi and that helps (dealer had the tires jacked up to 42 psi!).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new baby! You can try shopping around and get quotes from various dealerships for a fully loaded Trax and use the lowest number you received as the bargaining point to see if anyone can beat it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is very little difference between the LTZ and the 2LT model, just heated seats, 18 wheels, foglamps, and rear self darkening mirror, I think there are others but we could not find a LTZ so we settled for a 2LT with Sunroof and AWD, it did come with the bose stereo and the mylink system, the previous audio system in our LT1 left a lot to be desired. We put in the weathertech mats and seatcovers so wifey is a happy camper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts