Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner of a 2010 metallic red Traverse AWD. Wife drives it, kids trash it... its @ 54k miles. Within the last 3 months I replaced the alternator and battery. No since weather is cold, wife says that "service battery charging system" light comes on when she starts it, then goes away. No hard starts, starts fine, charges 14 volts while driving.. Suggestions.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Check the belt for a bad tensioner it could be slipping.

Check the battery terminals they could be dirty, look behind the hold down bolt, it might not making contact.

I would also look at the engine grounds, a bad ground can cause all kinds of electrical gremlins.

It is also possible that you have an under-performing alternator that is unable to keep up with all the power needed when its cold.

·
Registered
187 Posts
When in doubt, I usually just bring cars to dealerships if I can't figure out what the problem is. Or there's always the option of going to a trusted garage.

·
Registered
772 Posts
When in doubt, I usually just bring cars to dealerships if I can't figure out what the problem is. Or there's always the option of going to a trusted garage.

That is all find and dandy when you have a vehicle that still has a warranty, his warranty is long gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts