Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Chec trax LS 2016
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had that engine looking icon come up on my dash board . The engine power seemed alittle off when I did a trip to Long Island NY . Didn’t think too much of it but that was in September last year. Mechanic told me that there is not enough air circulating . Told me it was a valve that had to be replaced . Has anyone else had this problem . Or is it more serious . I only got the car in October last year . Yes it’s a 2016 but still .

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
What was the code.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had that engine looking icon come up on my dash board . The engine power seemed alittle off when I did a trip to Long Island NY . Didn’t think too much of it but that was in September last year. Mechanic told me that there is not enough air circulating . Told me it was a valve that had to be replaced . Has anyone else had this problem . Or is it more serious . I only got the car in October last year . Yes it’s a 2016 but still .
Not enough air circulating..that's a good one.Yeh I still have my 2015 LS and the check engine light has come up a couple of times bit that was a long time ago.It went off by itself and it happened in stop start driving(manual) in the city after doing 700km non-stop drive.GM said to ignore so i did.Maybe not the same scenario as you just my experience.Almost 150,000km done no issues.I would get a second opinion especially with the "new valve"guessplantion.Get the error code and go.from there.

·
Registered
Chec trax LS 2016
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not enough air circulating..that's a good one.Yeh I still have my 2015 LS and the check engine light has come up a couple of times bit that was a long time ago.It went off by itself and it happened in stop start driving(manual) in the city after doing 700km non-stop drive.GM said to ignore so i did.Maybe not the same scenario as you just my experience.Almost 150,000km done no issues.I would get a second opinion especially with the "new valve"guessplantion.Get the error code and go.from there.
Hello

the mechanic told me it was a valve that has to be replaced . Not enough air passing through to the tank. Don’t recall the exact words but to that effect. He got the light off . So at some point I will get it changed.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
That would be an EVAP valve solenoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts