Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Chevrolet sponsored Manchester United Jerseys have just shown up with a brand new commercial. Funny though considering GM has pulled out of Europe...

·
Registered
556 Posts
It is very weird that Chevy did this when they aren't even in Europe, but i think that it also proves just how popular Manchester United is. People all over the world, even outside of Europe, watch and are fans of Manchester United. Adidas is the main sponsor though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought I read that they want to have the Camaro available in europe. The Trax did sell in Europe while being available. I think GM wanted to give their Opel and Vauxhall brands in Europe survival chances.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is very weird that Chevy did this when they aren't even in Europe, but i think that it also proves just how popular Manchester United is. People all over the world, even outside of Europe, watch and are fans of Manchester United. Adidas is the main sponsor though.

yes and thats what, as of yesterday! The video they released was still done with the Nike kit. Interesting that in this off season alone Nike has lost both the Arsenal and Manchester kit branding!

Man U is actually one of the more popular teams in Asia so I view this as another branding opportunity to reach that market....

·
Registered
556 Posts
That makes total sense.

I read in the local paper that some new NBA star went with Adidas instead of Nike too. I wonder if there is a reason why Nike seems to be losing some of these deals recently, or if it is just chance mostly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
193 Posts
That makes total sense.

I read in the local paper that some new NBA star went with Adidas instead of Nike too. I wonder if there is a reason why Nike seems to be losing some of these deals recently, or if it is just chance mostly.
It could be that they have some new products coming out and want to invest more and be more aggressive with getting stars on their side to help push the product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts