Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Gremlins invaded my 2015 Trax LT. I shut engine off and the following cascade of issues happened:

1. Key in ignition ding alarm started when driver door opened. No key in ignition.

2. Key fobs (tried both) have quit working

3. Hitting power door lock on driver door locks all doors but driver side. It does lock for 3 seconds then pops back open

Any assistance?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have you tried the old disconnect battery for a few minutes to reset everything ? Had a 2014 until recently and none of those issues ever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Battery disconnect looks like good advice. Very oldschool…. My electrical problem is HOOD OPEN dings and alarms when I lock my 2018 Trax. Gonna give it a try & get back with results.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
It sounds like an ignition barrel problem. Car still thinks the key is in the ignition. I say this because you can't lock the doors from the door switch if key is left in the ignition. Also why it's dinging... Have you tried a small drop of oil on the key then pushing it in and out several times. You may just have a stuck tumbler. Also make sure the grooves of your keys are clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The keyless entry by design is disabled when the key is in the ignition. The driver door unlocking is the lockout-prevention kicking in. Lubricate the lock cylinder and cycle the key in and out a few times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts