Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased my new (at the time) 2017 Trax in July of 2017. Since then I have had the following issues:

Leaky crank seal, leaky oil pan, coolant leak (x2), oil leak, coolant temp sensor replaced, new PVC heater kit installed, weather stripping coming loose by the driver's window, oil leak into the air charge cooler, etc. etc.

I was told it was because it was cold...I'm not sure what to do anymore. I do live in Saskatchewan which is frigid! At the same time though, if Chevy doesn't have a vehicle that can withstand the winter here, why sell it in the first place? No lemon laws here either so I don't know if I should quickly buy extended warranty to cover the (as they call it) regular winter repairs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm just checking this forum out now and I am sharing your frustration - I have a 2013 Trax (base model standard (manual) transmission - one problem after another, and then the same problems keep happening. Oil pan issues X 2 Water pump issues - this will be the third one, now oil coolant line, had the coolant resevoir replaced due to a break in the plastic where a hose connects on the top. I think that might be it so far and it's only been 5 1/2 years. Warranty is gone now as I think the Powertrain is done at 5 years and because of my mileage my extended warranty is no longer good. Don't know what to say but maybe should have seen the light a while ago and ditched the car, but I am still paying it off. I've lost faith now in Chevy and trusting the product. I live in Victoria BC so unsure about how this car handles the cold of central/eastern Canada, but my guess is that it would suck, and this is what I'm reading. I am certainly not happy. Wishing you luck. Liz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts