Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering the same thing myself, since there are universal kits on ebay and the one made for the cruze looks similar to the trax.

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
In theory, it should work since they're running the same engine. Just not sure if the under hood position works out the same but you can probably find a way to get it to sit nicely in there.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Trax
5 Posts
Has anyone tried a cold air intake or one of the vortex programmers?
It makes such a big difference, in fact, that the simple process of redirecting the filter to draw cooler air is good for a horsepower gain of about 5 to 20 ponies in most cars. It might even improve your fuel efficiency, and it'll probably make your engine sound better, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a Injen CAI on my 2012 Cruze eco with with A ZZP remote tune using HPtuners. Made so much more power it burned my clutch in a week. Both made big differences. Loved the sound of the Cai. Just traded my 2018 Trifecta tuned Trax for a 2020. The tune was worth it. Better shifting and felt like more hp and tq. You can turn it off by hitting your cruise control.
Ready to upgrade the 2020 now that Ive had ot a week. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
With the Trifecta tune I only noticed different shift points and not necessarily more power. As far as the cold air intake I can't see how sucking in air from under the hood could possibly be better than the OEM engineered air box that takes the air from outside and pulls it in through a water separator. I have nothing against people doing it but you will see that if you suck in a teaspoon of water that it punches an nice hole in a piston. Wish I still had the picture of the piston we pulled from my friend's Cobalt engine that he bought for his kid. Kid thought the car Cobalt sounded kool with a CAI until it swallowed water.

So my advice

·
Registered
230 Posts
While it is true that cold air intake will make more power than warm air intake. the problem is that the Trax already comes from the factory with cold air intake, Every aftermarket CAI kit that I have looked at does NOT pull in cold but in fact uses hot air from under the hood. People install them and with the new sound think they have more power when in fact they actually have less power. The ONLY reasons for installing a CAI in most modern cars is for the looks and/or sound.

The other part of the equation is that a better intake will only slightly improve things at WOT at part throttle you are not using all the power available so it will make no difference. Sorry but all the advertising in the world can not change the laws of physics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts