Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start , I want to thank you for your upcoming responses.

I have a 2016 Trax LT which I purchased new. I have my I pod and Pandora

hooked up for all my tunes. Recently, it seems that whatever screen I want to go

into, it won't let me do it, It is frozen. I have unplugged the iPod which does no good.

The only functions that works are the volume and on and off and the volume buttons.

This does not happen all the times. I would say it will occur 2 out of 4 times. Is there a

cure for this or am I in for a healthy bill to fix it. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Try unplugging the radio fuse for 10 seconds to see if your radio will do a good reboot. I noticed with these radios if you shut them down before they have completed there boot up it screws them up. Let's you start your Trax and realize you forgot something and turn it OFF to go in and the radio is halfway through boot-up you will notice next time it takes longer to boot-up until it won't boot up properly at all. ( Must be windows 95 ) lol. Pulling the fuse forces it to do a first birthday and most of the time cures it. Fuse is behind card holder on the left of the steering wheel. Your manual will show you which one. Or disconnect the battery positive for a few if that is easier for you.

Reactions: EssGee
1 - 2 of 2 Posts