Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Oliver; I live in Toronto, and I'm a new Trax owner. I bought a 2013 Trax (2LT trim, I think) from a dealership in town, and I'm really enjoying it. Kinda.

There are growing pains associated with every new vehicle purchase, and it'll be fun to learn more about my car.

So far, I'm not entirely fond of the MyLink system, but I'm still figuring out how to get a navigation feature. That's apparently not on there, at least not from what I can see.

Also, its a crazy bumpy ride. I've driven three cars beforehand: a 2011 Smart ForTwo, a 2012 Nissan Rogue, and a 2008 Toyota Sienna, and each of the three were a very smooth ride compared to this. Heck, even my (non-pneumatic tired) Raymond Reach forklift at work is a smoother ride. Whether it needs new shocks, new tires, or whatever...I don't know.

Also, for the life of me, I can't figure out the auto starter on the key fob.

All of these will be fun to learn about.

Have an amazing day, friends. It'll be nice to learn more about you, my car, and everything.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Oliver. Welcome! I have a '15 LT. Mine ride is a bit stiff also. The rear suspension in mine has a torsion beam - not independent. I have some stiff bounces going over speedbumps. Perhaps this might be part of what you notice.
torsion beam suspension article
I don't have a navigation feature either. I have browsed for radio upgrades that include one (or can show the Waze app on y Android phone). There are some models that claim to be compatible. I am not seriously in the market for this purchase; apologies for not being able to provide more. For the remote start: Press the door lock button (doesn't matter if doors are locked or not - press anyway) then press and hold the rounded arrow button. I need to hold this button about 2 seconds. If the remote battery is weak, my remote start won't work. Max distance for my remote start to work is about 30 feet (with a clear line of sight). If I wait too long between pressing the door lock button and remote start button, the remote start will not engage. When that happens, I need to press the door lock button again. Engine runs for about 10 minutes. I get a 2nd remote start within a certain amount of time. After that, using the key is required. Unlock the door, insert the key, then turn to the 'run' position.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
If you want it to run for 20 just press lock again and hold the start button for 3 seconds. But you don't get a second restart.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, I'm Oliver; I live in Toronto, and I'm a new Trax owner. I bought a 2013 Trax (2LT trim, I think) from a dealership in town, and I'm really enjoying it. Kinda.

There are growing pains associated with every new vehicle purchase, and it'll be fun to learn more about my car.

So far, I'm not entirely fond of the MyLink system, but I'm still figuring out how to get a navigation feature. That's apparently not on there, at least not from what I can see.

Also, its a crazy bumpy ride. I've driven three cars beforehand: a 2011 Smart ForTwo, a 2012 Nissan Rogue, and a 2008 Toyota Sienna, and each of the three were a very smooth ride compared to this. Heck, even my (non-pneumatic tired) Raymond Reach forklift at work is a smoother ride. Whether it needs new shocks, new tires, or whatever...I don't know.

Also, for the life of me, I can't figure out the auto starter on the key fob.

All of these will be fun to learn about.

Have an amazing day, friends. It'll be nice to learn more about you, my car, and everything.
If you didn't get the manual you can read it on line for free. I wonder why the Encore has a smoother ride. Somebody should figure that out and see what it would cost.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
I have one of each and the Encore rides like a Buick and has a lot softer ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts