Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have installed an aftermarket radio into my 2015 Trax LS along with two modules from Axxess to retain the chimes and volume controls on the steering wheel. After putting in the radio and checking out the operation I have come across an issue with the Axxess module.

It looks like the terminals on the connector to the vehicles radio connector don't match up for the rear speakers. Below is a picture of the back of the vehicle's connector. I circled the 4 wires that do not match up to the Axxess connector.

Here is an image of the Axxess connector from the front. I circled in yellow where the wires on the vehicle's harness would go and in pink where the Axxess harness has the 4 rear speaker wires.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know for sure which terminals on the vehicle's connector are for the rear speakers.

I have talked to the company I bought the radio parts from and they confirmed that the Axxess harness matches what the specs are for a 2015 chev Trax without Bose sound system.

I will probably have to change the terminals on the aftermarket harness but I wanted to make sure I knew which terminal went to which location first.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Their connector sure matches the one specified in the book for 2013-2016. And it matches my Bose radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tracy

That's a better list of terminals than I got from Axxess. Theirs didn't have anything listed in the 4 terminals I was showing. They were numbers 4,6,18 and 20 which are for cell signal in your image.

I might just have to put some leads into the vehicle's connector and test taping a battery to the wires and see which two terminals create a popping noise in the rear speakers.

From what I remember about the vehicle's connector there weren't any wires going to terminals 33,34,41,42 which should be the rear speakers.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Which radio did you have in the Trax? The service manual only list 2 and the other one is a different connector.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts