Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are, I would love to hear back about what offset you're using.
I keep calculating and I'm almost convinced that 30mm will produce a handsomely aggressive stance where the outer wheel is flush with the car body.
Photos would help if you can.
THANKS

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
I added 20mm spacers to my OEM wheels and I think 25mm would be the limit. Any wider and you'd be dirtying the side of the Trax. But I swapped the 205's for 235, so hard to tell. I think mine sits right @tm and get compliments from friends.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Traxy. When I had my OEM wheels on I used Bora 25mm spacers. Yes, that's the limit but a very nice stance. The issue with dirt on the sides was minimal and limited to the lower black moldings, never on the paint job. So if I compare the stock setup (18x7 @ 38 offset) and went to (18x8.5 @ 32 offset) the inner rim would sit 13.1mm closer to the suspension (there's room for that) and the outer rim would "poke" 25.1mm more than before. Voila! The problem would be finding a 32 offset on custom rims with a 5x105 lug pattern. 5x105 is always the limitation in the rims market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would still like to hear from anyone using 8.5 inch wide wheels on their Trax (and what offset they are).
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts