Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a 2016 Chevy Trax. The dealership I purchased it from said that it's not. But if you go to the gmc certified website. Here is my trax on the Gmc website
http://www.gmcertified.com/vehicle/details/3GrJTALFkOQ=/P5743#__RequestVerificationToken=-ms2pbMj0hhGXfhguG9fqD09biP-wAW69Dw8DDlmGPKQ2wsP91HGIFRFh1zbmbzLdtclEykSQr5YHWP9yOCLOKKnHdYGUutC8OtSwbKjNh41&SearchZipCode=28081&Makes=Chevrolet&Models=Trax&Distance=100&YearMin=2012&YearMax=2018&PriceMin=&PriceMax=&MileageMin=0&MileageMax=75000&ExtColor=&NumberOfSeats=&FuelType=&Transmission=&Engine=&Drivetrain=&PageSize=10&CurrentPage=1&SortColumn=distance&SortOrder=asc. It says certified on that site. I have called the dealership and have been up there trying to explain what it says on the Gmc website. But they are stuck on saying that it is certified through them. I have found multiple things online stating it is Gmc certified. I have called Gmc also and all they did is contact the dealership. Nothing done there neither. Also when calling Gmc they checked the vin and it just has the factory warranties. No bumper to bumper or the two cpo meatience. I even seen on their site before i bought it, it stated the Gmc certfied warranties. Should have screenshot it. They even have a YouTube channel that has it on it saying that it is Gmc certified. I'm getting no where with Gmc or the dealership. I feel like I should get the Gmc certifation if it states that it does on either site. What would be my next step. The dealership said when they certified it through their dealership it pretty much wiped out the Gmc certification. Is this even pssible?

·
Registered
17 Posts
What does your paperwork say that you signed when you purchased the vehicle? If it is certified and an additional warranty was applied to the vehicle it should have stated so on the paperwork.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their was nothing on it staying it. And did not mention anything about a warranty through the dealership unti after I started making a fuss about it. But i did mention it was gmc certified before buying it. And they said it is. But all of sudden now it's not. Only certified trough the dealership. Even was told they don't sell Gmc certified vehicles. But on the dealership site they do in fact sell them or at least it says it in the description on the certified cars they do have. I took it for service this morning and the serivce guy told me he thinks it is cpo. Told me he would find out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you still have the window sticker? If it was certified it should be listed on the sticker as well. Short of having any type of paperwork, not sure how you can make sure you have the benefits. Not sure if the screen shot on the net is enough, but not a lawyer, just tossing out ideas for you. Good luck and I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction. Also I think the VIN has to be registered as Certified maybe you can do a VIN search?

·
Registered
772 Posts
The last GM vehicle I bought used that was certified was a 2008 corvette it was a very low mile car 125 miles on it.

When I bought the car I don't remember getting any paperwork stating that is was CPO, but I think if the car was advertised as CPO it should have a CPO warranty.

Problem is a legal one I would gather as much evidence as you can showing the car advertised as CPO, then if you have problems or major problems get legal help if needed.

I would continue to press them on it, you are not suppose to use the old bait and switch on anyone, that is what I see going on here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that is what I'm going to do is get legal. The TeamChevy dealership in Salisbury, NC is stuck on saying it's not. I had even told them I have paperwork saying that it is cpo. They did not acknowledge what I was even saying to them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear your having issues with the dealership. I know it is up to the dealership to classify a vehicle as certified (to the standards set forth by the manufacturer).
Getting a lawyer involved could be a matter of principle rather than a financial benefit sadly. Build your paper trail and good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I happen to check the oil in it today. And there was sludge all over the dipstick. It was real thick. Took it back to dealership and demanded answers. Well they are changing the oil. Even though it had been changed from what they say. What could be causing this for the oil to look like this. The engine has a tick. They told me it was normal when I first got it. I told the manger I felt like they sold me a bunch of lies. I don't even want the **** car I'm afraid something might be really wrong with it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well I happen to check the oil in it today. And there was sludge all over the dipstick. It was real thick. Took it back to dealership and demanded answers. Well they are changing the oil. Even though it had been changed from what they say. What could be causing this for the oil to look like this. The engine has a tick. They told me it was normal when I first got it. I told the manger I felt like they sold me a bunch of lies. I don't even want the **** car I'm afraid something might be really wrong with it.
If you ask me they are handing you a pill of bull, no engine ticks normally, the only tick you should hear should come from the fuel injector.

Its a very light tick, matter of fact the only tick I hear from my Buick is the fuel injectors.

I did notice another tick when my oil was due for a change, but even that was light, I was listing very carefully to hear it.

Sludge comes from one thing, NOT Changing the OIL, these engines need frequent on time oil changes to survive with high quality oil.

If I were you I would bounce back this car if you can, I don't think the lemon laws work on used cars but I would look into it where you live.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I go ahead and contact somebody that can help me with these problems or should I not worry about it since they changed the oil. I no longer see any sludge but it hasn't even been 4 hours since I got it back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts