Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am purchasing a new (used) white Chevy Trax 2014 tomorrow!

Any suggestions to improve the car and/or "make it my own"?

For the moment, I will be buying those WeatherTech mats and install a hitch.

Thank you!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Installing a hitch, assuming for bike rack etc...and not towing ? The front stone / bug guard is also a nice addon. If looking for moulded splash guards send me a PM I still have fronts and backs for sale. Enjoy the Trax, great little vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, thanks for the suggestions. I actually plan on towing a small camper (850lbs).

I found documentation for the Trax in Australia being able to tow 500kg (1100lbs) with an unbraked trailer and 1200kg (2600lbs) with a braked trailer.

As for moulded splash guards, I'll take a look to see if I have them and/or if I want them.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
What kind of mileage is on it?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hello, thanks for the suggestions. I actually plan on towing a small camper (850lbs).

I found documentation for the Trax in Australia being able to tow 500kg (1100lbs) with an unbraked trailer and 1200kg (2600lbs) with a braked trailer.

As for moulded splash guards, I'll take a look to see if I have them and/or if I want them.

Thanks
You really don't need the splash guards, but they do keep the rocks they scatter on the road in winter, from eating the lower part of the front fenders.

Don't buy the chevrolet guards buy the after market for less than 1/3 the price of the dealer they go on in a few minutes. cheapest so far was $29 for all four shipped. Chevy guards are $100.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Traxy, I guess you meant mileage? It's at 75,000 km (so under 47K miles)

@beeguz, thanks for the tip, I will look into those aftermarket ones!

Will be taking ownership tonight. So exciting!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I congratulate you on your purchase, and am sure you'll enjoy the Trax. The Chevy Trax is an incredible vehicle...very useful, versatile, and hip little CUV...make sure to share a couple of pix of your Trax, I'm excited to see it too. =)

Here is mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Congrats on getting a Trax, good move on buying a used Trax, hopefully you got it for a good price because from what I seen these are one of the best CUV's money can buy right now.

Have you looked into paint protection as yet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Ysandro, thanks for your pictures, I will take some over the weekend!

@James, please tell me more :)

I got a white Trax with a paint in extremely good status. I wanted to do some selective vinyl wrap to add a bit of color (I like to make it my own!)
Do you have any suggestions for paint protection? Should I get/do a full transparent wrap?

Thanks all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts