Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to go for a ride today, got two blocks from home and the HVAC blower motor stopped. No AC, fuse is NOT blown.Bought it over the phone, had it delivered yesterday so I wouldn't have to go 50 miles to get it. I've had it 19 hours and monday I'll have to waste the day going to the dealer 100 mile round trip. Less than a hundred miles and this is the SECOND problem they have to fix. When I registered online I was told that my warranty started 11 months ago. The car is NEW ,sold as new with 9 miles on it. I do understand the blower failure ,Defects in electric motors often surface early. Nature of the beast.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Bummer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: My Dealer corrected all my warranty issues Monday morning, and the blower started working Sunday. As I am quite experienced at diagnosing Industrial control systems, I decided not to irritate their service department with an intermittent that's working now. LOL Waste of their time. It will surface again . So, all in all my dealer has been great to me, looking forward to actually meeting them someday.(y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm hoping someone can answer this please, my window sticker say's my new premier has LED tail lamps standard. I see incandescent bulbs in them. Can anyone with a Premier please tell me if somethings wrong? Doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 2020 Trax LT has LED tail lights. Its on the window sticker. When I put my trailer wiring in for my trailer lights, I used the kit for LED lights. Every thing works just fine. Mine has a bulb in there as well but its LED.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your response Apache Snow. I looked at the bulbs in mine while under power, they are incandescent wire bulbs. It's 50 miles to my dealer so it will have to wait. My Trax sat at the dealer 10 months before I bought it. Something else that doesn't seem real, when I move my audio balance control all the way left or right ,the so called Bose speakers sound like Campbell's soup cans on a wire. I can't get enough output from the left side to balance around the driver when alone. My 20 year old Wrangler and 23 year old BMW both sound much better. I guess I need to go to a dealer and compare.

These are minor things, I like the Trax (I wont live with that sound system though) it drives well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK your tail lights are LED. They consist of two half circles on the serfice of the red plastic. The blub is brake light only. Turn the lights on and check them out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wanted to go for a ride today, got two blocks from home and the HVAC blower motor stopped. No AC, fuse is NOT blown.Bought it over the phone, had it delivered yesterday so I wouldn't have to go 50 miles to get it. I've had it 19 hours and monday I'll have to waste the day going to the dealer 100 mile round trip. Less than a hundred miles and this is the SECOND problem they have to fix. When I registered online I was told that my warranty started 11 months ago. The car is NEW ,sold as new with 9 miles on it. I do understand the blower failure ,Defects in electric motors often surface early. Nature of the beast.
Mine went out to!!! the A/C Blower it only worked on "High' @ speed 4 I had to repair it cost me 2 something 2018 Trax LS AWD Brand new at the time, thats just one thing that went out on this car there's a few more... I will not buy another car product with an american name again going back to Imports!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here we go again. Beautiful hot day for a ride, 300 yards to the car wash, waiting in line blower motor quits again. No air conditioning. Third time, one month old. Dealer says no problem, bring it in wednesday if it's still not working. No problem? 100 mile round trip. Wonderful, holiday weekend, trip cancelled.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Has to be something obvious, like a bad connection or a fuse that's not seated right. Even the resistor network, some have been known to be bad out of the box. Bad quality control at the manufacturing plant probably in Korea. That's pretty near China. If you look on Ali-Express these are all made by different manufacturer yet they all claim genuine OE GM#94560526. These guys "rip off" patents like old bandaids. Either way it's a bad design if you ask me for this day and age. A variable DC-DC converter would work a lot better with less heat generated and less chance of burning out like a fuse.

Here's one made in India. lol Still says genuine! So who supplies GM???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed, the more it goes out, the more I relax. I'm used to resistor board speed controls. That's a culprit if you lose some speeds, or some slow. Hated them for years,LOL. I think I may have seen the problem, but can't be sure. I'm 72 and hurt like **** after getting my head high enough under the dash to glimpse the empty fuse socket after seeing the fuse was good the first time the blower went out. I'd like to get down there with a mirror and a flashlight because the few milliseconds I could see in, I thought I saw that the clips that hold the blade on the fuse output side (cars right) looked farther back in. That could be an intermittent contact, maybe broken stop on fuse block. Pity the mechanic looking for the problem when its making contact, LOL. Have to be cool at the dealer, people don't take advice from old guy's well. Thanx Traxy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still have the blower problem, dealer said bring it in when it's not working, so I went Tuesday, 100 mile round trip. Service writer told me to come back next Thursday without looking at it. Had to sit on the side of the road 2 hours on the way home, raining and no way to defog the windshield. Finally started working long enough to get home.(20 minutes and quit again) Only 800 miles on it and I can't take the trips that I purchased it for. Didn't think of it in time but could have called the Wi. state patrol and have them put that big orange "out of service" sticker on the driver side windshield. Now it get's to sit in my yard another 9 days.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
I think you just have a bad dealer. If it was me this would have been solved a long time ago. Like the day it failed. Don't stand for their bullshit next time.

Reactions: apache snow

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer finally checked car last week , on July 13th , thinks the problem is the blower but they don't stock it. Good news and bad. Good news ,the back ordered blower came in Monday July 20th. The bad news, I have to wait until Aug 4th for a shop appointment, new car parked for 2 more weeks. Next closest dealer 120 miles. I will have had this car 3 months 5 days by then. I am really starting to regret this purchase. Hit 1k miles on car returning from dealer, now over 300 of those 1000 miles is to the dealer and back for this problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wisconsin. We also have a lemon law. But I see the dealer has to be pressed, they have yet to write up a service order I believe. They 'take notes'. I would need 4. They had a mechanic 'look at it' less than 5 minutes. It's not going in their door without a service order being written up again. The three free months of Onstar and XM have been wasted sitting in my driveway. I've been pleasant to them and want to get along but this is getting ridiculous. I'm 72 and my health is sinking. I bought this car to visit family. I park it where I don't have to see it when I look out my windows. A person shouldn't feel this way about their new car. One more time I will smile and be pleasant at my appointment. Snow me again and they will meet a new attitude as my new avatar here represents my mood.. Two week wait for a shop appointment with no AC or defogger on a new car is ridiculous. 3 months and not fixed yet is total disrespect for your customers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should consult with a Lemon Law attorney and tell them what they are doing/ Most if not all states if the you win the manufacturing has to pay all court cost including attorney fees. So most don't charge you They will tell you what to do. Also its the manufacturer who is sued not the dealer although they are involved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm very far from that, I'm still at the point I just want it fixed. Am still amazed, two weeks for a service appointment ! In the 1960's your franchise could be lost for less. LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good luck with this problem. I hope you get a resolution soon. We didn't have AC back in the day but we didn't know any better. Today I cant get by without it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts