Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if this is normal or not, but every time I have the car running and the key fob in the center console I am not able to open up the rear hatch. I have to go the center console and grab the key fob to open the hatch. Is this normal operation? The car is in park and the hatch will not open without the key fob. This is so annoying and the first time I have seen this on a car. Cheers and Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,117 Posts
An other safety feature to keep thieves at bay. lol Same as having to press unlock twice for passenger doors to unlock. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
I can’t be certain about other model years, but my (door and remote) number of presses can be adjusted within “settings”. Mine are set to the default; unlock driver’s with one press, two presses for all. I suspect yours is set the same, so when you got out, only the driver door was unlocked. Hitting the door button twice (all unlocked) allowed me to open the hatch while fob was inside. The manual says the fob must be within 1m of the lock. Fob in console is more than 1m from hatch lock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An other safety feature to keep thieves at bay. lol Same as having to press unlock twice for passenger doors to unlock. You'll get used to it.
It is more of annoyance then anything else :) I guess it is what it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts