Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised that more people are not on here. This could be really good.
The Trax and the Sonic have a good bit in common.
I will keep posting all of the items I have in store for my Trax.
And I added MaxLiner Mats today too.!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
There is more action here than there is at the Buick Encore site, that is why I come here, I changed from Trax to Encore.

The Encore has nicer trim but it is the same car deep inside.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We looked at the Encore but to get a one that had the same options would have been a good bit more expensive.
Then we saw the MIdnight package and that was it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well at least we can have some of the Encore guys over here as well worst case... maybe that site will pick up too and we can have a convention lol

·
Registered
772 Posts
The Encore I picked up has what they call the Convenience package, its the model in the middle, but it does have features that my LT Trax didn't have.

It has a power seats, 18" wheels bigger tires, and a quiet package, climatic Air Cond, a way nicer instrument panel with a heat gauge.
A nicer radio with more speakers with all kinds of apps such as weather and traffic information.

It doesn't have a sunroof, I avoid those because of the cost plus they always leak,

I can attest to the quiet package this Encore is more quiet than my Trax was.

On my Trax I could hear the road surface echoing through the suspension, when on rough pavement the Buick is very quiet

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dynomatted the entire spare tire area with 1/8 inch duct insulation. This helped greatly the road noise and took about 20 minutes.
I may do more if I get time. Biggest reason was factory Sub Woofer sounded kinda loose.
This made it tighter and also took away some road noise for me.
I will also add an UltraGauge to my dash board.
This will give me things like:
Engine temp
Ambient air temp
Boost PSI
HP
And TQ numbers is real time.
Gives Instant MPG as well.:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't suppose you have a picture of the spare tire area? Just so people who are looking to do the same thing have a picture for reference.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just googled that ultragauge thing... that looks really cool. Will you be getting the app for it ? or the actual gauge readout thing

·
Registered
181 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread just for this, so I'll add it here. I put a black dashmat I bought from CARiD.com in the Trax, it cuts down reflection glare on the front windshield, and keeps the dash cooler in the SoCal sunshine. I had to trim 1/4" from the windshield edge of the dashmat to get it to fit properly. It's has precut flaps to fit the glovebox, upper storage, and airbags. It doesn't fit perfectly, but close enough for the $50 it cost. The photo on the website isn't a Trax, the one you get is custom fit with a little trimming required.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It looks pretty cool, but I would be really scared of what'll happen when trying to take those adhesive strips off of the dash later on ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts