Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed at my local dealership that some Trax's are from Korea while others are from Mexico. Is there any difference in quality depending on which country they're produced?

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Definitely go with the Korean built. I had to dis-assemble the whole front of my Trax and re-assemble it properly and straight. Took me a whole day.

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
Mexican models were the subjects of the lower control arm recall, no recalls on the Korean models. Fitment on my Korean model for body panels and interior parts is perfect, and I've had no real issues other than hating the OEM tires.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
My 19 Trax is Korean built and all the doors close with a thud and it's relatively quiet although only has about 1400 miles. Wife's 19 Trax also Korean built has about 10000 miles but some of the doors seem like they are hitting something when they close. Especially the drivers door. It was also a demo when she bought it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2017 LT AWD from Mexico. Just over 30,000 km so far and running well. My only complaint is that loud engine ticking noise, sounds like a diesel engine, but the engine is from GM's Austria engine plant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts