Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all .... 3 months ago I purchased a used 2014 Trax from my local used car dealer in my home town in Ontario. They told me it was a rental and just off lease - but it was from Quebec. They apparently had bought it at an auction sale from a dealer in Quebec.
I am now in Florida for the winter, but when I try to use the Bluetooth phone on my steering column, (it is paired with my stand alone Garmin GPS) the girl responds in French! I have tried everything to change her language. Does anyone know how to change her language and voice from French to English?
Should I take it to a dealer here in Florida to have them look at it? Will it cost me? Or should I just accept it and wait til I get back to Ontario to have someone change it?

I don't have any fancy extras on the vehicle, it is just the base model from 2014. Any ideas???

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
Maybe you just need to call OnStar to have the interpreter changed to English. Even if my Trax is set to English. OnStar talks to me in French because previous owner wanted it that way. Since I'm bilingual it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that's just a factory settings. Usually, dealerships have a small computer that changes it in a few seconds.

Try to bring it back to the dealership and see what they say. I'm pretty sure they won't charge you for that. I

·
Registered
181 Posts
From an earlier question...
The language is tied to the OnStar system. There are 3 buttons on the Mirror...... To Change the language hold the one on the Extreme left till voice then follow the instructions.

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
From an earlier question...
The language is tied to the OnStar system. There are 3 buttons on the Mirror...... To Change the language hold the one on the Extreme left till voice then follow the instructions.
Thank You! bswarm. I just tried this. OP Hope you understand a little bit of french because instructions will be in french if set to french. For english you have to say zéro. I tried zero just for fun and it didn't work, you actually have to say ''zéro'' pronounced zeh-ro. You may have to roll that ''r'' a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts