Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a letter from Chevy stating the 2018 model has been found to stall.I have that model.I called the dealer and was told to keep the letter and it may never happen.Yeah well got that worry in my head now .I drive highways .Any insight folks ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Received a letter from Chevy stating the 2018 model has been found to stall.I have that model.I called the dealer and was told to keep the letter and it may never happen.Yeah well got that worry in my head now .I drive highways .Any insight folks ?
Being that no one else has replied yet I'll throw my hat into the ring, so I haven't heard about recall of the Trax stalling I do know that they were recalled from 2017-2019 for control arm weld failing while in motion, and I also know there has been common failure of the turbo waste gate sticking which may cause loss of power and potential engine stall. But as far as an official recall on stalling engines the only one I'm aware of is the Malibu 1.5 liter. Just keep an eye on it for now and always make sure to be safe when driving just in case of anything like that being that they won't fix something like that untill it does it or an engine light comes on related to it. It kinda has to be a life threatening thing like the control arm situation not something that may cause u to slowly come to a stop like engine stall. But still like I said if u are really worried just keep yourself out of bad road scenarios just in case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being that no one else has replied yet I'll throw my hat into the ring, so I haven't heard about recall of the Trax stalling I do know that they were recalled from 2017-2019 for control arm weld failing while in motion, and I also know there has been common failure of the turbo waste gate sticking which may cause loss of power and potential engine stall. But as far as an official recall on stalling engines the only one I'm aware of is the Malibu 1.5 liter. Just keep an eye on it for now and always make sure to be safe when driving just in case of anything like that being that they won't fix something like that untill it does it or an engine light comes on related to it. It kinda has to be a life threatening thing like the control arm situation not something that may cause u to slowly come to a stop like engine stall. But still like I said if u are really worried just keep yourself out of bad road scenarios just in case.
Thanks (y):)

·
Administrator
2,444 Posts
Not a recall but a bulletin.

Font Paper Document Paper product Number

Reactions: LegacyTrax

·
Registered
Trax 2019 LT AWD
5 Posts
I just received a letter from gm about an "evaporative emissions purge valve" which I just posted under that thread. My letter did mention that my Trax could stall while idling but not while driving was the above letter about the "evaporative emissions purge valve" ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just received a letter from gm about an "evaporative emissions purge valve" which I just posted under that thread. My letter did mention that my Trax could stall while idling but not while driving was the above letter about the "evaporative emissions purge valve" ?
No it was not mentioned in the letter just described the “symptoms”.But you’re making more sense then the letter I got.All mine stated was the model has a stalling situation but not the exact cause.Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Trax LT
1 Posts
I know the idea of stalling out on the freeway SUCKS, but such issues (and many, many more) are why I keep roadside assistance on my vehicle. We have it through our auto insurance and it's only an extra $3 a month (or so) and use of it does not impact our rates. Here's hoping we never have to use it for this reason! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts