Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Chevrolet Trax (2016) bought almost 2 months ago is having issues with its lights. (1,200 km odo)

Gauge error codes:
Code 27.
Code 16.
Code 20.

Front passenger side DRL not working
Front passenger side signal light not working
Front passenger side signal light side mirror not working
Rear driver side park light and brake light not working
Front passenger side headlight not working.

Whats weird is that when i turn on the park light. the front passenger light lights up BUT the front driver side park light turns off (from DRL)

Photo:
http://imgur.com/a/QSoQq

·
Registered
772 Posts
You need to check the ground points on the lights that are acting up, they probably have loosened or gotten corroded.

Should be one on each side or one central ground for the front lighting.

EZ fix

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@beeguz

Thanks for the info. I apologize,but where do I see that? Thanks!

Not really that "car techy"

:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did you replace any bulbs with LEDs? I've done some LED conversions and found some of them (dual element bulbs such as combination parking/brake light) will feedback voltage into another circuit, requiring a diode be added to the wiring. If not it should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@bswarm

Tried to replace LEDS before (probably a month ago) but the store couldn't do it so they had to put the original bulbs back however it still worked.

·
Registered
181 Posts
@bswarm

Tried to replace LEDS before (probably a month ago) but the store couldn't do it so they had to put the original bulbs back however it still worked.
Check the connections of the bulbs they tried to replace. Wiggle and lightly tap them, see if one fell out, etc. Is there one bulb that won't light up at all? Check that one first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: after going to our dealer for 2 days. They found out they only had to replace the "fuse" to fix the issue.

Day 1: they put out all their testers (Laptops, etc) to find the error. Sometimes its better to go back to "basics" rather than relay on computers. pfftt..

·
Registered
772 Posts
2 minutes with a test light would have told the story, without access to the vehicle to check things, all I can do here is guess.

One mans/womans click is another mans/womans clunk, its up to the reader to try to guess what the problem is and how to solve it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Depending on the LEDs that were tried, Some of the cheap LEDs do send power back into the other circuit and could have almost blew the fuse so that it actually failed shortly after.

Of course with out the specifics this is just a WAG.

But I did have a very similar situation setting up LED turn signals on a motorcycle. Between the way the LED was built and the way the flasher worked it was putting almost a direct short during the off part of the cycle. the fuse element was partly melted but di not quite break YET. A different brand of LED bulb worked just fine. Or it would have needed diodes added to stop the reverse shorting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2 months is still relatively new, did you consider sending it back to the dealership? You wouldn't even tap into your extended warranties since you've spotted all the issues in such a short period of time. See what you can do to get the person who sold it to you to get this fixed back up properly!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings,

I'm having the same exact issue with our 2015 Chevy Trax, the passenger side headlight and brake lights are out, front and back, when attempting to find the fuse location we didn't see it on any of the fuse boxes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts